Creamy kabocha squash and roasted red pepper pasta sauce are prepared by fusing together a mix of vegetables, cashews, spices, and broth. It’s the ultimate mix of sweet and savory and is easy to prepare. It’s also an excellent way to sneak veggies in for picky eaters. Definitely a must-try this fall!
Creamy kabocha squash and roasted red pepper pasta look very mouth-watering and a pretty delectable thing to eat! All you need to just arrange some veggies and kabocha squash to prepare it.
– 1/2 c. raw cashews
– 1 small kabocha squash
– 1 head of garlic
– 1/3 cauliflower, cut into large florets
– 1/2 medium onion (roughly chopped)
– 1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
– 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped
– 1/4 c. roasted red peppers, drained
– 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
Optional: A pinch of red pepper flakes
– 2 to 3 c. vegetable broth (or as needed)
– Salt and black pepper, to taste
– 1/2 to 3/4 c. fresh basil (unpacked), sliced
– 800g gluten-free spaghetti noodles (or pasta of your choice)
– Vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
– Fresh basil, sliced
– Black pepper
- Soak the cashews in water overnight.
- Another method, you can also bring a small pot of water to a boil, remove it from heat and add in the cashews.
- Let them soak until you blend the sauce together (which will be about
- 1 hour).
- Heat the oven to 400°F and position the rack to the middle of the oven. Layer a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Clean and dry the kabocha squash, place it all on the baking sheet and into the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Detach the pan from the oven and cool until the squash is easy to handle. If the stem of it is protruding, use a knife to cautiously detach it.
- Dice the squash in half vertically, then scoop out the seeds and fiber using a spoon.
- Dice the squash into 1-inch wedges, trying to keep the slices uniform for even cooking.
- Set down 6 or 7 slices of the cooked squash around 1.5 cups onto your lined baking sheet.
- You can prepare the leftover kabocha squash on an additional baking sheet with the same baking time and directions below. Also, store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
- Calories- 501
- Fat- 5.9g
- Carbohydrate 93.4g
- Protein 17.8g
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!