Sweet potato Black bean burgers are flavourful, effortless to make, and hold together really well. They’re also vegan and gluten-free! If you have a sweet potato, some black beans, and some simple pantry staples, then you can make these burgers.
On the side of these delectable burgers, you always need a dip, and my favorites are between an avocado cream (nature’s mayonnaise) and a roasted red pepper hummus. Both are equally as mouth-watering, but it really depends on what you’re craving. You can even make both!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 500g of black beans, rinsed and drained
- Half sweet potato, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces and boiled for 7–8 minutes until soft
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons ground flax fused with 3 Tablespoons water (or 1 egg)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- sriracha sauce, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- whole-grain burger buns
- Heat a skillet with non-stick spray. Once hot, add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until onions are translucent and start to brown a bit.
- Immerse the cooked onion mixture into a food processor or blender. Add the basil and pulse several times.
- Adjoin the beans, sweet potato cubes, and oats to the processor and pulse five or six times.
- Don’t over-process, as you want your bean burgers to be a little chunky. The beans should be torn up but there should still be some visible in the burgers.
- Transfer the veggie and bean mixture into a large bowl and stir in the flax egg, chili powder, cumin, sriracha and salt. Form into five patties. (If the mixture is too drench to work with at this point add extra oats).
- In the same skillet, heat on medium, spray non-stick spray and add the patties, cook each side until browned, about 6-7 minutes total OR you can bake them on 375° for about 25 minutes, flipping once.
- Set The burgers on a bun and serve with condiments of your choice. You can use spicy mustard, onions, lettuce, and ketchup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Carbs- 29g
- Sugar- 2g
- Fats- 2g
- Proteins- 10g
These Sweet potato Black bean burgers are an amazing spin on traditional black bean burgers. They’re created with sweet potatoes, rolled oats, and flax so they’re completely gluten-free and vegan, loaded with flavor, and hold together well!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!