Instant Pot Salsa Chicken recipe is the advanced option if you are a meal planner, or cooking for a crowd. All you need just a few ingredients and less than 45 minutes to prepare this recipe! Mexican shredded chicken will be ready for tacos, taco bowls, enchiladas, or salads!
Salsa chicken is a manageable dish of boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs that are seasoned up with your preferred blend of seasonings, quickly seared to seal in their juices, then baked with your favorite blend of salsa.
The result is edible and juicy chicken that is BIG on flavor, and everyone is sure to enjoy it.
Here we use just a few ingredients to make the instant pot salsa chicken recipe!
- 4 large chicken breasts skinless, boneless, approx. 2 pounds
- One jar salsa 16 ounces
- a tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- Put the chicken breasts into the pot and dump the salsa and spices on top of the breasts.
- Shut the pot and set it to cook on ‘Manual’ / ‘Pressure Cook’ for 10 minutes and allow for a 5-minute natural pressure release (NPR).
- Let out any remaining pressure, open the pot and allow the cooked chicken breasts to sit for 5 minutes before shredding.
- Use a hand mixer set to medium speed and begin shredding the chicken. Once a small amount of the chicken has shredded, you may wish to adjust the mixer to medium-high for quicker and more complete shredding.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Information :
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 2g
The considerable thing about it is how easy it is to customize with your own preferred seasonings, your own salsa, either homemade or store-bought, and you can toss in other vegetables and food items as desired to make it your own, like fresh tomato and jalapeno, corn, or black beans. It’s an ultimate customizable chicken dish, making it incredibly versatile.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!