Green Beans with Bacon and Hazelnuts is a warm addition to a winter meal. Its toasted smoky flavors make it more delicious.
Black Beans are a great source for sustained energy, which can be helpful if hypothyroidism leaves you feeling drained. Beans contain protein, antioxidants, complex carbohydrates, and loads of vitamins and minerals.
Hazelnuts are excellent sources of selenium, which helps support healthy thyroid function.
Here is the recipe for these mouth-watering Green Beans with Bacon & Hazelnut:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and cook, stirring, until starting to brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Then add green beans and cook, stirring often, until seared in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water; cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes for tender-crisp or 6 minutes for tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in bacon, hazelnuts, and salt.
Tip: To toast nuts & seeds on the stovetop: Toast in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.