Daliya Upma is rich in protein and fibre and thus qualifies to be one of the healthiest breakfast options. It is even considered to be a superfood in many sub-continents of India as it is loaded with nutrients. Daliya can be used as an alternative to rice for people who are trying to cut on carbs in order to lose weight.
Quick and easy to make, Dalia Upma or Broken Wheat Upma is a healthy breakfast option that can be made in a jiffy. It’s Diabetics friendly and great for weight loss.
It is very low in fat and carbohydrates and since it has complex carbohydrates, it takes a time to break down which is good for PCOS women as well as diabetic people.
Here is the recipe of delicious Daliya Upma:
COURSE: BREAKFAST | CUISINE: INDIAN
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 4 | PEOPLE CALORIES: 155KCAL
- 1 cup Daliya
- take 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Green Chilli chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts
- 1/4 cup Carrot cubed
- take 1/4 cup Peas
- 1/4 cup Beans chopped
- 2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander chopped
- Dry roast the daliya in a pan until lightly browned and aromatic. Keep aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker.
- When it is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilli, ginger and curry leaves and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add peanuts and cashew nuts and fry until they turn slightly brown.
- Add carrot, peas and beans and cook for a minute.
- Now add water and salt and bring the water to a boil.
- Add the roasted daliya and mix well.
- Pressure cook for two whistles on high heat.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Remove the cooker from heat and open the lid.
- Let the Upma rest for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and fresh coriander and gently fluff the daliya with a fork.
- Serve hot.
The water and Dalia ratio is very important. Use standard measuring cups to measure the ingredients for the best result.
Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1514IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!