This Instant Pot honey mustard chicken is so simple, made with ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, and perfect to make on the weeknights!
Lean protein sources like tofu, chicken, and fish don’t provide fiber but are very filling and a healthy dietary option for women with PCOS. Foods that help reduce inflammation may also be beneficial.
Here’s how you make it:
- 6 (about 2 pounds, total) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil OR olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey (In this recipe it used Honey-Free Vegan, KETO, Low Carb Honey)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Press the “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot and pour in the oil.
Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken thighs and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until just browned; remove thighs from the Instant Pot and set aside.
Keeping the IP on “Sauté”, stir diced onions into the hot oil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little more oil if needed.
Stir in the garlic and cook for 20 seconds, or until fragrant.
Pour in the chicken broth and scrape up all the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
Turn off the “Sauté” function.
Whisk mustard and honey into the chicken broth; whisk until well combined.
Place chicken thighs back into the IP, close the vent, and lock the lid into its position.
Press the MANUAL button or PRESSURE COOK button and set the time to 8 minutes; then, allow the pot to do a natural pressure release. It took about 12 minutes to depressurize.
Take out the chicken thighs and set them aside.
In a mixing cup or bowl, combine heavy cream, whole-grain Dijon Mustard, and cornstarch; whisk until thoroughly combined.
Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot and spoon in the creamy mixture. Continue to whisk until thoroughly combined and sauce is thickened.
Turn off the Instant Pot and let the sauce simmer for about a minute.
Place chicken back in the Instant Pot OR pour the sauce over the chicken; garnish with parsley and serve.