How To Reduce PCOS Hair Loss, is a common issue that every woman with PCOS faces. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome happens due to excess production of male hormones. As a result, you see excess facial or body hair growth but at the same time, some women experience thinning of hair and hair loss. The main cause for this is the excess production of male hormones (especially testosterone).
Symptoms of PCOS hair loss:
- Bald patches
- Excessive hair-fall
- Thinning of hair
- Loss of luster in hair and frizzy.
Factors affecting hair loss:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Mineral deficiency
Hair loss in normal conditions is not a serious issue because you see them growing back. But that’s not the case in PCOS, here regrowth of hair is not seen. Hair regrowth can be done through medical treatment where they stimulate the hair follicle.
Common medical treatments for PCOS hair loss are oral contraceptive pills, hair transplant, drug therapy. But medical treatment is the last resort whereas with proper diet and correction of the hormone levels you can fix these issues.
Diet to fix PCOS hair loss:
The main aim of the diet is to reduce your androgens levels and the nutrients that help in this are:
- Have a balanced diet that is high in protein, so that your hair gets enough of it.
- Take a low-carb diet as it will trigger your insulin levels and worsen PCOS hair fall.
- Incorporate zinc-rich foods (like seafood clams, shrimps, lobsters, and other shellfishes, red meats, beans) as they reduce hair fall.
- Add biotin rich foods(nuts,avocado,mushroom,brocolli,spinach,eggs,organ meats) to reduce hairfall.
- Have a calorie deficit diet to reduce your weight and insulin resistance which will, in turn, decrease your PCOS.
These remedies must be followed along with the medications because diet alone cannot help you to reduce PCOS hair loss. Along with the diet and medication try incorporating physical exercise in your routine to improve your metabolism. Have a good sleep of at least 7-8 hours.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!