Adjoin all the ingredients for this Mexican chicken casserole into your slow cooker and come home to a healthy dinner! This effortless enchilada bake is naturally gluten-free and super healthy. It also freezes really well!
Chicken casserole is a warm and satisfying one-dish meal. Cooking casseroles at home means you can limit the fat, sugar, and sodium content in your recipe. Add fresh chili and coriander to your mixen chicken casserole to spice it up.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (400g)
- One and a half cups chicken broth, stock or bone broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1-4.5 oz can green chilies
- 1 15-oz can corn
- 1 15-oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- One yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese if desired
- Chopped cilantro, avocado, and tomatoes for serving
- Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Cook in chicken broth/stock, quinoa, enchilada sauce, corn, black beans, onion, cumin, green chiles, and chili powder, salt, and pepper.Overlay and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Detach chicken from the slow cooker and shred using two forks.
- Mix chicken back into the slow cooker then top with cheese if using. Shield and cook on low heat for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted
- Serve with avocado, chopped cilantro, and tomatoes.
To freeze: Set cooked casserole in an air-tight container for up to 6 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge then heat in the crock pot on low for 2-3 hours or in the microwave.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.6g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 14.3g |
It’s a perfect night meal. Mexican chicken casserole loaded with quinoa, tomato, chilies, black beans, corn, and cheese!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!