Simple coconut macaroons are a delectable cookie treat filled with shredded coconut, egg whites, a little bit of sugar, a pinch of salt, and flavored extract. These coconut cookies are effortless to make and are extra special on the dessert table.
- 3 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Evenly spread out the coconut on a baking sheet for a stronger coconut flavor and toasted appearance, and bake for about 5 minutes. Don’t fully toast the coconut now. When it starts to toast just a bit, take it out of the oven. Let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt with a whisk until it is frothy.
- Adjoin in the coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Set parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat on your baking sheet.
- Wet your hands (to avoid sticking) and shape the cookie mixture into balls.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are the desired color. The more golden the macaroons, the more toasted they are.
- Mizzle chocolate or caramel sauce over the coconut macaroons for a crazy recipe before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving :
- CALORIES: 121
- TOTAL FAT: 5g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 19g
- FIBER: 2g
- SUGAR: 15g
- PROTEIN: 1g
How to Store Coconut Macaroons
Coconut macaroons can be left at room temperature and stored in an airtight container for about a week. Kept in the refrigerator, they’ll last two weeks, and several months when frozen.
Coconut macaroons are perfect for Christmas cookies or a winter treat. Go on! Indulge your senses in these awesome delicacies.