In India, you can easily get Sabja seeds, which are similar to chia seeds. Both these seeds are used once after you soak them in water for a certain period of time. But, sabja seeds benefits are known to work faster than chia seeds. You can consider drinking sabja seeds water if you practice intermittent fasting for weight loss.
Out of many given benefits, Sabja seeds benefits for skin are well known in India and you can easily incorporate them into your diet. Let’s learn about the benefits of Sabja seeds!
What are Sabja Seeds and Where Do They Come From?
Sabja seeds, also known as basil seeds or tukmaria seeds, are small, black seeds derived from the sweet basil plant (Ocimum basilicum). They are commonly used in Asian cuisine and traditional medicine for their numerous health benefits and culinary applications.
To get the potential Sabja seeds benefits, you may consider adding them to lemon water, coconut water, yoghurt or refreshing summer smoothies! Adding sabja seeds benefits your health and can increase the protein and fibre content in your body. (up to 15 grams of proteins and 22 grams more of fibre!) To explore and experience if basil seeds benefits your body type or not, buy weight loss diet plan.
11 Health Benefits of Sabja Seeds (Basil Seeds)
A spoonful of Sabja seeds benefits your body and can do wonders from day one. Easy to store and require no preparation at all. The bare minimum, just soak them for 15 mins to get the sabja seeds benefits for skin, gut health and overall well-being. Here are the 11 basil seeds benefits listed below;
- Sabja seeds help to reduce Blood Sugar Levels
- Sabja Seeds are Good for Diabetes Management
- Sabja Seeds help to relieve Acidity
- Sabja Seeds help to relieve Constipation
- Sabja Seeds helps to Promote Weight Loss
- Sabja Seeds contain a lot of Minerals
- Sabja Seeds prevent the risk of Heart Diseases
- Sabja Seeds acts as a Natural Body Colant
- Sabja Seeds may reduce Cholesterol Levels
- Sabja Seeds has Oral Health Benefits
- Sabja Seeds helps to Reduce Anxiety & Stress
Let us look at the Basil seeds benefits in detail. And if you’re familiar with the basil seeds benefits in advance, then to explore more, buy true elements basil seeds for a trail.
Sabja seeds help to Reduce Blood Sugar Levels
One of the many basil seeds benefits includes healthy blood circulation as well as leaving a positive impact on blood sugar control. This is due to their high fibre content and the presence of certain compounds that regulates glucose levels in the blood. Including basil seeds benefits individuals suffering from diabetes to achieve better glycemic control.
Sabja Seeds are Good for Diabetes Management
Sabja seeds benefits include aiding in diabetes management due to their high fibre content, which helps regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity. Their antioxidants and heart-healthy properties offer further support in managing diabetes. However, they are not a substitute for medical treatment, and it’s crucial to work with a healthcare professional for a comprehensive diabetes management plan.
Sabja Seeds help to relieve Acidity
basil seeds benefits are also known to relieve acidity and promote digestive health. When soaked in water, the seeds form a gel-like substance that can soothe the digestive tract and reduce acidity, providing relief to those experiencing heartburn or indigestion. Additionally, the fibre content in sabja seeds helps promote regular bowel movements and may relieve constipation, supporting overall gastrointestinal health.
Sabja Seeds Help to Relieve Constipation
Rich in fibre content, sabja seeds benefits babies and adults to get rid of constipation. The ability to soak and lock water forms a gel-like substance that can help soften the stool and promote bowel movements. The soluble fibre in sabja seeds benefits in adding bulk to the stool, making it easier to pass through the digestive tract.
Sabja Seeds Helps to Promote Weight Loss
For individuals aiming to shed excess pounds, the sabja seeds benefits are known to support weight loss efforts. Due to their ability to absorb water and expand in the stomach, they create a feeling of fullness, leading to reduced appetite and potential calorie intake. This property can be particularly helpful for those trying to control their food cravings and manage their weight effectively. You can learn more about how Sabja seeds for weight loss can support you throughout the journey.
Sabja Seeds Contain a Lot of Minerals
Sabja seeds are a rich source of minerals, including calcium, magnesium, and iron. These essential minerals play vital roles in maintaining bone health, supporting muscle function, and aiding in oxygen transport throughout the body. Thus, we can say that Sabja seeds benefits are known to increase the nutrition intake required daily.
Sabja Seeds Prevent the Risk of Heart Diseases
Incorporating sabja seeds benefits and may contribute to a reduced risk of heart disease. Their fibre content can help lower cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure, factors that are important for cardiovascular health. By supporting healthy cholesterol levels, sabja seeds help minimize the risk of developing heart-related problems.
Sabja Seeds Acts as a Natural Body Colant
In traditional medicine, sabja seeds have been valued for their cooling properties, making them a natural body coolant. In hot weather or during periods of heat-related discomfort, consuming a glass of water with a spoonful of sabja seeds benefits your body by maintaining a refreshing and cooling effect within the gut.
Sabja Seeds may Reduce Cholesterol Levels
Sabja seeds may help reduce cholesterol levels due to their rich content of soluble fibre. Soluble fibre acts as a sponge in the digestive system, absorbing cholesterol and preventing its absorption into the bloodstream. By binding with cholesterol and bile acids, sabja seeds aid in their excretion from the body, thereby potentially lowering LDL (low-density lipoprotein) or “bad” cholesterol levels.
The presence of certain compounds in sabja seeds benefits in contributing to the cholesterol-lowering effects. These compounds can help regulate enzymes involved in cholesterol synthesis, further supporting the management of cholesterol levels.
Sabja Seeds has Oral Health Benefits
Sabja seeds benefits are known to improve your oral health due to their antimicrobial properties. These properties help inhibit the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms in the mouth, which can contribute to oral health issues such as cavities, gum disease, and bad breath.
By incorporating basil or sabja seeds into the diet or using them as a mouthwash, they may help reduce the presence of harmful bacteria in the oral cavity, promoting a healthier oral environment.
Sabja Seeds helps to Reduce Anxiety & Stress
Sabja seeds benefits are ever known and have been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine for their potential to reduce anxiety and stress. These tiny seeds contain compounds that possess adaptogenic properties, which means they may help the body adapt to stress and maintain a state of balance, both physically and emotionally.
When consumed, it may have a calming effect on the nervous system, promoting relaxation and reducing feelings of anxiety. They may also help regulate the production of stress hormones, such as cortisol, which can contribute to an overall sense of well-being. To explore more about managing mental as well as physical, you can buy health plans.
Sabja Seeds Benefits for Skin
Wondering if basil seeds benefits are limited to internal well-being? Well, just like you mixed the seeds in water, similarly you can soak the basil seeds in coconut oil and apply it overnight to get the potential sabja seeds benefits. Here are the sabja seeds benefits for skin listed below:
- Hydration: Sabja seeds have the ability to absorb and retain water, forming a gel-like substance when soaked. When applied topically or consumed, this gel can help hydrate the skin, keeping it moisturized and preventing dryness. Hydrated skin is essential for maintaining a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Cooling Effect: Sabja seeds are known for their cooling properties. When applied to the skin or consumed during hot weather, they can provide a soothing and refreshing effect, reducing skin irritation and redness caused by heat or sun exposure.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: One of the many sabja seeds benefits for skin is they may alleviate skin conditions like acne, redness, and swelling. Sabja seeds contain compounds with anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce skin inflammation and irritation.
- Antioxidant Benefits: Sabja seeds are a rich source of antioxidants, which can help combat free radicals and oxidative stress in the skin. Free radicals can damage skin cells and contribute to premature ageing. The antioxidants in sabja seeds may help neutralize these harmful molecules, promoting youthful and healthy-looking skin.
Keep in mind that sabja seeds benefits for skin may vary for individuals. It’s essential to conduct a patch test before using any new skincare product or remedy, especially if you have sensitive skin or allergies. If you experience any adverse reactions, discontinue use and consult a dermatologist.
Uses of Sabja Seeds
Beyond the Sabja seeds benefits, here are the uses discussed below;
- Culinary Applications: Sabja seeds are commonly used in various culinary preparations. They can be added to beverages like lemonade, smoothies, and milkshakes, providing a refreshing and nutritious twist. The seeds can also be used as a topping for desserts, salads, and yoghourt for added texture and flavour.
- Natural Thickener: When soaked in water, sabja seeds develop a gel-like texture, making them an excellent natural thickener for recipes. They can be used as an egg substitute in vegan baking or to thicken soups, sauces, and puddings.
- Hydration and Refreshment: Sabja seeds soaked in water or beverages act as a natural coolant, making them a popular choice during hot weather to provide a refreshing and hydrating effect.
- Medicinal Uses: In traditional medicine, sabja seeds have been used for their potential health benefits, such as aiding in digestion, managing diabetes, reducing anxiety, and promoting heart health. Basil seeds benefits are discussed in the above section. Read weight loss blogs for a better scope of how basil seeds benefits other body functions and weight loss.
Side Effects of Sabja Seeds
There are a few side effects besides the sabja seeds benefits. Let us look at the side effects closely;
- Allergic Reactions: Some individuals may be allergic to sabja seeds, and consuming or applying them can lead to allergic reactions like itching, skin rashes, or difficulty breathing. If you experience any allergic symptoms, discontinue use and seek medical attention.
- Interactions with Medications: Sabja seeds may interact with certain medications, affecting their absorption or effectiveness. If you are taking medications, especially blood thinners or diabetes medications, consult your healthcare provider before incorporating sabja seeds into your diet.
- Gastrointestinal Discomfort: In some extreme cases, excessive consumption of sabja seeds may cause gastrointestinal discomfort, such as bloating, gas, or stomach cramps. It’s essential to consume them in moderation to avoid such issues.
- Contamination Risks: Like any food product, sabja seeds can be contaminated with bacteria or other harmful substances. It’s crucial to purchase high-quality, clean seeds from reputable sources and store them properly to minimize contamination risks.
What are the side effects of drinking sabja water daily?
Drinking sabja water daily or consuming sabja seeds in moderation is generally safe for most people, but it’s essential to be aware of potential side effects and best practices. Overdose consumption can cancel or nullify the sabja seeds benefits.
What are the side effects of sabja seeds?
Sabja seeds can pose a choking hazard if not soaked adequately before consumption, so always ensure proper soaking to avoid any risks. Some individuals may be allergic to sabja seeds, leading to allergic reactions like itching or skin rashes, so it’s essential to monitor for any adverse symptoms and discontinue use if necessary.
What is the best time to have sabja seeds?
The best time to have sabja seeds can vary based on personal preferences and health goals. Some people prefer to consume them in the morning to kickstart their day with a refreshing and hydrating effect. Others may enjoy them in the evening to aid digestion and provide a calming effect after meals.
Should we take sabja in the morning or at night?
The timing of consuming sabja seeds can vary based on individual preferences and health goals. There is no specific rule for getting the most sabja seeds benefits, and both morning and evening are suitable times to consume them.
Does sabja reduce belly fat?
Sabja seeds benefits significantly in reducing belly fat. While they can be a part of a balanced diet that supports weight management due to their fibre content and potential satiety benefits, losing belly fat requires a comprehensive approach that includes a healthy diet, regular exercise, and lifestyle changes.