The combination is here- lime juice, steaks, and peppers rolling together! Southwestern Steak and peppers are protein-rich, and it can be a very health-friendly option. It is also rich in Vitamin B12 making it great for the blood and immune system. In addition, to it being packed in flavor, it is cooked in low-fat oils to avoid an increased risk of Diabetes, Thyroid, or other dietary concerns.
Steaks don’t need much mizzle. Even if you want to make it fancy, you can add spices like chili powder, paprika, or garlic powder to the rub.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- one teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each)
- Mix the first seven ingredients; spread over both sides of steaks in a small bowl.
- Next, line in a big resealable plastic bag; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Bake steaks, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness ( Reading to keep in mind- for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Let steaks stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain.
80g cooked beef:
- 187 calories,
- 10g fat
- (4g saturated fat),
- 2g carbohydrate
- 22g protein.
For Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
This Southwestern Steak and Peppers-inspired dish is flawless for a weeknight meal, thanks to its quick cooking time on the grill. Serve with tortillas or rice and beans. A pretty easy and protein-enriched recipe! This steak recipe uses a lean cut of meat that has little fat and lots of protein. The fresh vegetables and rice make this a well-balanced meal.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!