Lettuce is an unexplored treasure! Not many know that it is a very good source of iron. Here is a creamy soup of lettuce thickened using finely chopped cauliflower, which not only imparts a creamy texture but also balances the flavour of lettuce well. The use of cauliflower also does away with the use of milk in this recipe! Chopped onions and pepper add to the flavor and aroma of this comforting and iron-rich Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup.
Here is the quick recipe for Lettuce And Cauliflower Soup:
Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 18 mins | Total Time: 28 mins
Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce torn into pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- salt as per taste
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the lettuce and cauliflower and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée into a deep non-stick pan, add the pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot
Energy 50 cal
Protein 2.3 g | Carbohydrates 3.9 g | Fiber 1.7 g | Fat 2.8 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 55 mg
Try this recipe for Lettuce And Cauliflower Soup and tell us about your experience!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!