Enhance your breakfast with these baked Fisherman’s Eggs recipes with protein-packed sardines.
In this original Fisherman’s Eggs recipe, the tanginess of the sardines is balanced by the sweetness of caramelized garlic. When cooked with eggs and topped with chives, you’ll get the perfect balance of flavors that make adding sardines to your diet deliciously easy.
So This recipe even works during busy mornings. All you need is 3-4ingredients and five minutes of prep time. Bake for 4-5 minutes and enjoy your Fisherman’s Eggs right out of the baking dish!
- Small skillet
- Oven-proof serving dish
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans of wild-caught sardines in water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Warm The olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat, add the garlic, and saute for one minute until fragrant.
- Shift the garlic to an oven-proof serving dish. Adjoin the sardines, season with salt and pepper, and mix with a fork to chop into small pieces.
- Break the eggs over the top and bake for 8 minutes for soft yolks, or 15 minutes for harder eggs.
- Detach from the oven and serve topped with chopped chives.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
- Calories- 303
- Fat- 21.3g
- Carbs- 14.4g
- Protein- 36.7g,
- Fibre- 3.8g
Tip: Chop a handful of mushrooms, peppers, or tomatoes to saute along with the garlic.
- Arugula/rocket leaves
- Brown bread
- Hot sauce (optional)
Fisherman’s Eggs to be an entree recipe to the wonderful world of sardines. Sardines are coupled with a tasty array of veggies and aromatics, then baked with a few eggs on top. Their flavor is so adequate you wouldn’t know that you were noshing on dreaded sardines.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!