Ready for a retro dinner recipe? Here comes- Smoky stuffed peppers! Bell peppers are consist of Italian-style turkey sausage, tomatoes, brown rice, and smoked cheese.
Bell peppers are rich in antioxidants which improve overall health and also good for PCOS and Thyroid patients. Prepare them in multiple ways and enjoy!
Dicing the bell peppers in half gave them the perfect vegetable to stuff with a variety of ingredients. They’re stiff enough to hold their shape while cooking, yet soft enough to enjoy sliced up with the filling, for a self-contained complete meal.
This recipe is also constantly customizable to fit a variety of diets and preferences, so have fun with it!
- 6 large bell peppers
- 350 grams hot Italian turkey sausage links, removed from casings
- 1 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- One cup shredded smoked mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Layer rack in the upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Dice the tops of the peppers off and remove the seeds. Set the peppers, cut side down, in a microwave-safe dis
- Adjoin the water to the dish to come up 1/2-inch in the dish.
- Shield the peppers with plastic wrap and microwave on 100% power for 7-10 minutes or until the peppers are just softened. Wash out the peppers and transfer them, cut side up, to a roasting pan.
- While the peppers are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Adjoin the sausage and cook, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Adjoin the broth, tomatoes, and rice to the skillet. Rotate the heat to high and bring to a simmer. Cover, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the rice is almost cooked about 5 minutes. Detach from heat and let stand, covered until the rice has absorbed the remaining liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the chopped basil and half of the smoked cheese into the sausage filling. Split the mixture among the softened peppers in the roasting pan. Top them with the remaining cheese. Position the roasting pan under the broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
- 292 calories
- 11 grams fat
- 32 grams carbohydrate
- 0 grams added sugars
- 19 grams protein
- 5 grams fiber
Smoky Stuffed peppers are cheesy filling with chicken, peppers, basil and turkey sausage. They’re healthy, nourishing, and bonus – they make for delectable leftovers or meal prep.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!