Keto Nutella recipe makes the perfect chocolate hazelnut spread. Low carb, paleo, sugar-free, gluten-free, and just delicious. Only 5 ingredients!
Major of the taste of Nutella originates from the roasted hazelnuts, so roasting them in the oven for 10 minutes to remove the outer husk is very important. You can clearly rub off the husk once they have cooled down. Detaching the husk ensures that the Nutella is creamy and smooth. You can keep the husk and spray it over salads to make sure you’re keeping all the good bits.
You can eat this as it is or you can use it in your keto cakes or as a spread for more taste and relish. It goes very well with slices of Keto Bread and it’s just as smooth as normal Nutella.
- 2 cup raw Hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup powdered Erythritol
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Warm an oven to 180C (355F), layer all hazelnuts into a baking tray, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Detach the nuts, and let them cool. Once cooled, detach the outside husk of the hazelnut by rubbing them between your fingers.
- Grind the nuts in a food processor until they are fine enough to start to clump together.
- Slowly add the avocado oil, powdered erythritol, salt, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Keep up in the food processor on high until completely smooth.
- Spill into an airtight container, and keep in the fridge for a smooth hard texture, or in the cupboard for a spreadable mixture.
Nutritional information Info Per serving :
- Calories- 65
- Fat- 6g
- Protein- 2g
- Sugar- 0.5g
This Keto Nutella tastes exactly like the original thing, only without the sugar, and with plenty of added healthy fats.