This delectable spaghetti dish is ready in under 15 minutes and you could serve it cold for a packed lunch the next day! This style of the classic Italian recipe, spaghetti Amatriciana is a perfect example of fast food as it should be. Spaghetti With Spicy Tomato Sauce and Bacon is very very flavourful and a great crowd-pleaser recipe!
- 350g spaghetti
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 150g smoked streaky bacon, sliced
- 250g pack white closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- Half tsp dried chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley
- pinch of caster sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Begin with preparing the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 mins or according to packet instructions.
- In the meantime, heat a non-stick frying pan and when hot, add the oil and bacon, then sauté for 3-4 mins, then add the mushrooms and cook for 5 mins or until the bacon and mushrooms are golden.
- Adjoin the chopped tomatoes and chilli and simmer over high heat for 3-4 mins or until the sauce has reduced. Remove from the heat, stir in the sugar and season to taste.
- Clear out the spaghetti in a colander and return to the pan, add the spaghetti to the sauce and toss well to mix. Finally add the parsley and serve.
- Omit the cream from this recipe and reduce the number of chilli flakes to half tsp if needed,
- Take any shape of dried pasta you like for this recipe.
- Opt for 1 finely chopped fresh red chilli if you prefer. Don’t bother to throw it over if you like your food quite hot. Chillies can vary immensely in heat, so taste a tiny piece before you cook and adjust the amount accordingly.
- Energy(kcal) 453
- Protein 18.6
- Fat (g) 13.4
- Carbohydrate (g) 68.9
Using less meat is an uncomplicated way to save money without compromising on taste. This effortless Spaghetti With Spicy Tomato Sauce and Bacon pasta dish makes a satisfying family meal from just four rashers of bacon.
Get started your with Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!