The word “Caprese” always implies the classic combination of tomato, fresh mozzarella, and basil and is almost always used to describe a salad. But if you add those same ingredients and put them between two perfectly toasted slices of rustic bread, season it perfectly and add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, you get a Caprese Sandwich. It’s not a difficult sandwich to make, but there are a few tips that take it from good to great.
Perfect for picnics and day-outs! Choosing Fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese makes this sandwich recipe a summertime favorite. A classic Italian sub to eat on!
- 2 slices sourdough or other sturdy bread such as ciabatta or focaccia/ or whole wheat bread/ or sub roll
- 2 teaspoons fruity olive oil
- 1/2 cup arugula leaves
- 2-3 thick slices of tomato
- 2 thick-cut slices of fresh mozzarella
- 5-10 freshly torn basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle the olive oil on the slices of bread. Layer the arugula, then tomato slices, then mozzarella slices, Crown with torn basil leaves and season with kosher salt and pepper. Mizzle with balsamic glaze and more olive oil if desired. Eat and enjoy.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 11g |
Servings with Caprese sandwich-
- Pesto pasta salad with peppers and peas
- Kale caesar pasta salad
- Cucumber salad
- Macaroni salad
This Caprese sandwich recipe is perfect for picnics! It is also a great option for lunch boxes for kids. Make this sandwich at home in just a few steps and you can serve it on occasions like kitty parties, birthdays, potluck, and game night. This vegetarian sandwich features tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and creamy basil sauce.
Get started your with Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!