The recreation of the chicken burger, using a lean grind of meat and a hugely flavorful—but surprisingly low-calorie—spiked mayo to deliver on the promise of a truly healthy burger you can happily indulge in. Chicken burgers are not dry or tasteless, especially when they are smothered in a fresh homemade mayonnaise style dressing. Chicken burger with sun-dried tomato aioli is a pretty combination!
Summer just screams tomatoes and chicken So figured why not put them together in a burger. And crown it with some more basil for good measure.
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- ¼ bag spinach 2-3 handfuls, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ lemon zested
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp oil-packed* sun-dried tomatoes drained
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Couple all burger ingredients and mix until thoroughly mixed.
- Transform into 4-6 patties, and fry on each side in a hot oiled skillet until the internal temperature of burgers reaches over 165°F.
- For the dressing, blend an egg yolk, lemon juice. Turn the machine on and mix, and with the machine still running, slowly pour the oil in a very thin stream through the top. Once all the oil has been added and emulsified, blend in the garlic and tomatoes, processing until smooth. Soill into a dish stir in cheese if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layout a toasted gluten-free hamburger bun with some aioli, top with a patty, as well as any other additional toppings you desire such as; lettuce, tomatoes, or cheese.
Nutrition Information per serving
- Calories- 240
- Carbs- 4.6g
The amazing thing about these sun-dried tomato chicken burgers is you only need a few ingredients and they can be made in about 20 minutes. It’s an immediate and healthy summer meal or a great protein for meal prep. Present them with your favorite sides – we love sweet potato fries – or over a salad for an easy protein-packed meal.
Get started your with Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!