This Vegetarian Black bean pasta recipe is effortless, flavorful, and cooks up in just minutes. This mouthwatering recipe offers a healthy option that your family will beg for over and over again. And since it cooks in less than 10 minutes in one pot, you can eat this any night of the week! Addon! it’s versatile and offers you a way to make an Italian-style bean pasta or a Southwestern version so you’ll never get tired of making it.
Vegetarian Black bean pasta recipe chooses black beans which are full of fiber, protein, and other nutrients.
- 9 ounces uncooked whole-wheat fettuccine
- a tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- One garlic clove, minced
- One can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Simultaneously, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Mix in black beans, tomatoes, rosemary and oregano; heat through. Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain fettuccine; add to bean mixture and toss to combine.
One cup serving: 255 calories, 3g fat, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 9g fiber), 12g protein.
- Make sure you use cooked black beans. If you use raw beans, they will not cook!
- Do not put the pasta when you add it to the skillet, you just need to submerge it in the sauce by gently pushing it down.
You could also add cheese like parmesan, cheddar on top. For more spice, you can dice up a jalapeno, green chilis, or other peppers. You could also squeeze on some lime for a fresh citrus flavor.
Get started your with Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!