A fantastic use for Thanksgiving leftovers. If you are fresh out of turkey, you can roast a turkey breast or use a rotisserie chicken. We bring you this excellent and easy recipe for a turkey mole tacos filling.
Looking for a delectably different use for your leftover turkey? Cocoa, peanuts, chili, cilantro – these simple but incredibly flavorful tacos are just the ticket.
- 1 skinless 1kg turkey breast
- 12 flour tortillas
- One large red onion sliced thin
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- One bunch of cilantro
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Set the turkey breast into a slow cooker.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk until blended, then pour over the turkey.
- Flip the turkey to coat in the sauce then cover and set the slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Take out the turkey breast from the slow cooker and place it on a board to cool.
- Dive the turkey with two large forks into large, bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Pour a cup of sauce at a time to the shredded turkey, tossing to coat in the sauce. Add as much or as little sauce as desired for your taste.
- Serve the turkey in flour tortillas, topped with onion slices, chopped tomatoes, and cilantro.
To take some of the raw flavors out of the red onion, add the slices to a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes. Drain and dry well.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving :
- Protein-22 g
- Fat-15 g
- Carbohydrates-37 g
Pair your mole with warm corn tortillas and your favorite taco garnishes. We went with a few pepitas, a bit of onion, sliced radish, cilantro, and queso fresco.
For more techniques to serve this healthy mole, try these ideas: add chicken and serve with the sauce over brown rice; serve the shredded chicken on buns with creamy coleslaw, or stir vegetables and a can of rinsed beans into the saucy shredded chicken to make chili.
Get started your with Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!