Many can’t wait when it comes to lose weight. Usually, it takes time to lose weight. New trending diets can help people to lose weight too fast, which is why many find it tempting. Well, weight loss is a mixture of desire and habit-forming changes. Only when you shift your behavior can you gradually earn the results you’ve always wanted. The problem with healthy weight loss, for many, is that long-term results are often slower to achieve than you expect. This can prompt a dangerous diet search for quicker ways to shed pounds — which can either end in weight regain or serious harm.
It\’s admirable to dedicate yourself to a healthier diet regime but just like everything else, there are dangers to look out for. When you\’re pushing the body outside the comfort zone, be mindful of overestimating your capacity for pain and undervaluing your body\’s basic needs for recovery.
It should not shock you to learn that failure to embrace this logic will lead to a host of unpleasant outcomes. Robust exercise patterns without adequate nutrition and rest will ultimately yield symptoms such as fatigue, stress, irritability, and even injury.
Avoid these dangerous diet tactics to protect your body from long-term damage and distress, and adopt alternatives that take time- but end in weight loss that lasts.
Some such unhealthy and dangerous diets for weight loss are as follows.
– This diet includes ingesting tapeworms in your intestine to not gain weight. This diet involves swallowing tapeworm cyst pills. Once a person swallows the pills, tapeworms grow and mature inside the intestine. Tapeworms eat foods inside the intestine. This helps lose weight fast. When you reach your weight loss goal, an anti-parasite pill helps expel the tapeworms. It’s good to keep in mind that these tapeworms can grow as long as 30 feet.
Why it\’s one of the dangerous diets – They can cause many health issues such as vomiting, diarrhea, and even epilepsy. According to experts, the tapeworm diet can’t be a viable weight-loss option. It is a very unhealthy and dangerous weight loss diet. This diet ends up in serious nutrient deficiencies which can lead to lifelong complications. The problem is that once you kill the parasite in your body, you’ll start to regain weight. So, Tapeworms are those organisms that can breed in your intestine, which means they can also share the nutrition & fats of your food. There are certain pills that induce the growth of tapeworms in your body. The pills make you thin because of incomplete nutrition.
2. Baby Food Diet- This diet is rumored to have been started by celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson. The diet involves eating 14 jars of baby food followed by only one proper meal per day. This diet was never written down or advertised anywhere, but some Hollywood celebrities apparently followed it. It replaces a few of your food items with baby food.
Why it\’s one of the dangerous diets – This fad diet seriously lacks fiber, which is important for an adult digestive system to keep on functioning. According to Jamie Vespa, a registered dietitian and assistant nutrition editor for Cooking Light, adults need nutrient-dense, whole food to benefit the gut and the immune system. The sole selling point of this regimen is that it doesn’t need you to worry about portion control. You also get the convenience of jarred and prepared food. The other good thing claimed about the diet is that it’s free of additives and preservatives. There are demerits to this diet. It can keep you deprived of eating real food. It can’t be a good approach to weight loss over the long term.
3. Lemonade Diet- Based on the book \”The Master Cleanser\” by Stanley Burroughs, the Master Cleanse, or lemonade diet, has been around for a while and name-dropped by plenty of the Beyoncés of the world because it\’s a fast and easy…fast. As this dangerous diet consists only of water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup, you\’ll lose some water weight — but not for long. The likelihood is that you\’ll gain all the weight back and more once you go back to eating solid food. You may also have a harder time losing weight in the future since such low-calorie diets cause you to lose muscle mass and decrease your metabolism.\” So what\’s the point? And like so many other useless diets, you will eventually put all the weight back on, making weight loss even more difficult further down the line.
4. Sleeping Beauty Diet- Not too unlike the fabled story of Sleeping Beauty herself, this diet requires you to sleep through mealtimes. The rough guideline of \’ The Sleeping Beauty Diet\’ is to force yourself into a drug-induced coma that lasts for a few days. This has got to be the laziest diet of all time. This diet requires you to drug yourself until you are unconscious. The main concept is to sleep and unconsciously starve yourself until you wake up to thinner days.
Why it\’s one of the dangerous diets –Not eating or drinking for a prolonged duration of time will lower your rate of metabolism. It can lead to dehydration. Also, The uncontrolled use of drugs will bring you more health concerns than you can imagine.
5. Feeding Tube Diet- This diet involves eating via a tube the size of a strand of spaghetti. A solution rich in protein and fat, and very low in calories gets pumped through the tube. You have to insert the tube through your nose. The solution reaches your stomach through the tube. This diet gets your body into ketosis, burning fat at a faster rate. Feeding through a tube in order to lose weight can be appalling to many. Why it’s dangerous- This diet isn’t more effective for short-term weight loss than just limiting your calorie intake on a regular basis. The complications you can have with this diet include dehydration, kidney stones, constipation, dizziness, headache, etc. This diet helps develop unhealthy relationships with food.
6. Cabbage Soup Diet- The Cabbage Soup Diet is an extremely low-fat, high-fiber diet that lasts seven days. By the end of the week, fans of the cabbage soup diet claim you’ll have lost up to 10 pounds. It’s only designed as a kick-start to help you lose weight quickly and is not supposed to be a long-term healthy eating plan. It works exactly as it sounds- you eat copious amounts of cabbage soup and not a lot else. Basically, the cabbage soup diet works because you are cutting down your calorie intake to near-starvation levels.
Why it\’s one of the dangerous diets –Some say that it is a complete waste of time because the sudden lack of food forces the body into starvation mode. This mode will slow down your metabolism and encourage your body to hang on to fat. The additional health costs of this diet are migraines, eye discoloration, and depleted energy levels.
7. Grapefruit Diet-Dating as far back as the 1930s, this fad diet still retains some level of popularity. The premise is simple: If you eat a grapefruit before eating anything else, drink lots of water, cut out carbs, and eat lean protein, you\’ll burn more fat. Fans of this diet say if you do it for around 10 days, you can lose up to 10 pounds. There may be a kernel of truth to this one, says Erin Palinski-Wade, RD. \”It\’s been suggested that eating grapefruit can help to slim the waistline and lower body weight, most likely due to the diuretic properties of grapefruit helping to shed water weight. In addition, the fruit makes a great high-volume, low-calorie option, helping to keep you full and encouraging less total calorie intake during the day.
Why it’s dangerous- Apparently, there’s a special ingredient in grapefruit that, when eaten with a form of protein, triggers a fat-burning process and therefore results in weight loss. So, the idea is to start each meal with half a grapefruit, eat lots of protein, and drink plenty of water and black coffee. While this diet may help you lose a few pounds. And the lost weight will pile straight back on once you return to your normal diet. Such a drastic reduction in your intake of calories can also result in dizziness and an upset stomach.
8. Cigarette Diet- It’s all about trying to suppress your appetite with a cigarette. Think of what is sometimes referred to as the ‘model’s diet, which consists of cigarettes and water. In the past tobacco companies actually marketed their products as weight loss aids. They were successful in doing so for a time with sales increasing backed by this sort of campaign
Why the cigarette diet can be bad for you? If you don’t know that smoking is bad for you then welcome to planet earth! Cigarettes contain nicotine and lots of harmful substances including carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, and hydrogen cyanide. Cancers, heart disease, strokes, impotence, and osteoporosis are just a few of the risks of smoking, so clearly the cigarette diet is not one to touch.
9. Cotton Ball Diet-– This includes eating (you read that right), literally eating cotton balls. Ever thought, something used to clean makeup can also clean body fat? Apparently, few people actually make use of cotton balls to get rid of their extra kilos.
The recipe to this crazy diet is- Chewing one plate of cotton balls dipped in your favorite fruit juice for a week till your body gets deprived of all the basic nutrients. The thinking behind this diet is to replace all solid foods with cotton balls in an effort to negate your appetite. Without wanting to insult the intelligence of anyone who endorses this diet, eating cotton wool is a reasonable definition for stupidity.
Why it\’s one of the dangerous diets Eating wool not only interrupts the natural digestive processes. It will also clog up your system which ultimately leaves you vulnerable to a whole host of health problems including bowel blockages.
10. Hollywood Diet-Hollywood diet was created by Jamie and Larry. Their diet can help lose weight miraculously, as promised on their websites. Their diet includes a small selection of shakes and cookies. Dieters are to subside on the diet for 24 hours or longer. This will reportedly result in a loss of two to nine pounds of weight.
Why it\’s one of the most dangerous diets – The diet can be extremely low in calories and dangerous, particularly when you follow for longer than a couple of days, as suggested by experts. Your body will be in starvation mode due to the diet. Most of the weight that you lose in the first few days will be water weight. The possible side effects include fatigue, diarrhea, constipation, and nausea.
11. HCG Diet- The diet involves ingesting or injecting the hCG hormone – human chorionic gonadotropin which is a hormone produced during pregnancy to help baby growth. And also, you have to take a calorie-restricted diet of no more than 800 calories. The human placenta can inject into the bloodstream, ingested, or rubbed into the skin.
Why it’s one of the most dangerous diets- There are no clinical trials or studies that back up any claims of success from the hCG diet. It is thought that any weight loss will occur due to the calorie restrictions placed on those taking part in the diet. Eating so little is not recommended as it means the body will be lacking the vital vitamins and minerals it needs. The hCG hormone can lead to the potentially dangerous conditions of ovarian hyperstimulation.
12. Werewolf Diet-Sounds like a manly one, but in reality, this diet is as primitive as howling at the moon. And wouldn\’t you know it, the inventors of this foolish diet are claiming that weight loss can be influenced by lunar activity. The idea behind the werewolf diet is that water weight flows and ebbs like the tide. As humans are made of water, fasting during a new or full moon can cleanse your body of toxins and water weight at a faster pace, up to six pounds a day. Fasting isn’t bad for us, but it shouldn’t be motivated by weight loss. There\’s a lack of scientific evidence to back the idea that our bodies need to cleanse or detox diets. Kidneys detoxify our bodies naturally 24 hours a day by removing waste. We don’t need a detox diet in relation to the moon phase.
As you have read above, there are so many fast weight loss diets trending these days. The problem is most of them can harm you and affect your health. Particularly, we all know that the weight loss result won’t sustain for long; we still follow them. I do hope you will consider just how far away from being healthy they really are. The best approach is to engage in a healthy relationship with food and exercise- your body weight will sit accordingly.
To lose weight, transform yourself into a healthier version, and maintain weight, subscribe to Livofy for a personalized keto consultation. Good luck on your weight loss journey! Stay tuned for more such health content! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Ketogenic Diet, Health, and Wellness!