Do you love to have some fish with chips? Here you go! We have come up with a delicious Gluten-Free Fish & Chips recipe.
This recipe is a perfect choice for your evening snack. Here fish is fried in batter and served with chips. The combination originated in England and is an all-time favorite for many. So, we can say that Gluten-Free Fish & Chips is a good option for people who avoid consuming gluten.
Let us now go with the recipe for Gluten-Free Fish & Chips.
INGREDIENTS ( As per 4 servings )
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup Almond flour/ Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5 g kosher salt
- 1/4th teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 Egg yolks
- 90 ml soda water
- Four tablespoons of psyllium husk
- Tartar sauce
- 500 g Potatoes
- In a deep cast-iron skillet, heat 3 inches of oil over medium-high heat until it reads 320°F on a deep-fat thermometer.
- Cut the potatoes into ⅛-inch slices and fry, par cooking the chips for 2 to 3 minutes. Place on paper towels to cool completely. Increase the temperature of the oil to 350°F and fry the chips a second time for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Don’t have time? You can use frozen steak fries if not fresh potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the gluten-free baking mix, baking powder, 5 g of kosher salt, and the Old Bay Seasoning. make a smooth batter with egg yolk and beer. Set aside.
- Pat fish fillets dry with paper towels. If the fillets are too large cut them into 1-inch strips. coat the fish strips in the cornstarch and dip them into the beer batter. Allow the excess batter to dry and lower into the hot oil. Cook the fish for 5 minutes, until it turns golden brown, and serve with tartar sauce