Oats And Matar Cheela recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make. So quick and easy enough for morning breakfast. This cheela is soft and has the taste of oats in it, unlike the regular Besan chilla. they taste good. You can even pack these in the tiffin box!
Cheela recipes have always been traditional recipes and are typically prepared with besan or chickpea flour. But lately, there have been many variants of cheela recipes prepared with many other alternative ingredients. One such popular, particularly in Indian metro cities is the Oats And Matar Cheela recipe.
It has become the talk of the town because of the usage of oats and its health aspects, yet offers the taste in a conventional way.
Here is its quick recipe:
Recipe Servings: 2 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peas
- Nex take 1/2 inch Ginger
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1-2 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp ajwain
- A pinch of hing Salt/rock salt (as per taste)
- Desi ghee (as per need)
- Overnight soak the rolled oats.
- Boil the peas for a minute or two.
- In a chutney grinder, add boiled peas, ginger, garlic, green chilli, ajwain, hing and salt. Grind everything into a paste.
- Now drain the water and clean the oats well.
- Coarsely mash the oats and add the peas paste to them. Mix everything together.
- Now, heat a tawa and grease with some desi ghee on it.
- Add a spoonful of peas to the Tawa and spread it evenly.
- On medium to low flame, cook each side well till it turns golden brown in colour. Add some ghee on the edges if needed.
- Serve the cheelas hot with some ketchup by the side.
These oats chillas can be served plain or with a side of chutney. You can also have green chutney or coconut chutney. Even sweet tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup also goes very well.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!