Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes: This combo of eggs with potatoes and cheese started in a skillet and then popped in the oven to bake. It’s a perfect meal-in-one. Of course, it works for breakfast!
Here’s a quick recipe for Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillets, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender.
- Stir in parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. With the back of a spoon, make 4 wells in the potato mixture; break 2 eggs into each well.
- Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 9-11 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
1 serving: 395 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 461mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!