Broccoli Veggie Pasta Primavera isn’t just for spring and summer, this is a veggie-packed pasta dish that’s perfect year-round! It has such a satisfying flavor and it’s a versatile recipe so you can add different kinds of vegetables you might already have on hand.
Pasta primavera is a simple dish made with pasta and fresh vegetables. Many people think it’s an Italian dish but it’s actually an American dish that was created by chef Sirio Maccioni and two assisting chefs (the originally used cream cheese).
Chock-full of veggies, this simple, colorful pasta makes a filling dinner. In smaller servings, it works equally well as a side dish.
Here is a quick recipe for Broccoli Veggie Pasta Primavera:
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min | YIELD: 4 servings.
- 8 ounces of uncooked linguine
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh broccoli
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- take 1/2 cup of sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- take 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- take 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas (about 2 cups), thawed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the broccoli, carrot, and onions in butter for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add snow peas and wine.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until peas are crisp-tender.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
1 cup: 376 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!