Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Quesadillas are ready in under an hour and weigh in at 470 calories for four wedges. Fit them into your meal plans this week!
Crispy quesadillas filled with spicy, smoky chipotle shrimp, roasted sweet peppers, and melted cheese! Quesadillas are one of the go-to quick weeknight lunch and dinner options. These quesadillas are packed full of spicy, smoky chipotle shrimp and roasted sweet peppers tucked between crispy flour tortillas. And it’s loaded with cheese. Who doesn’t love cheese?!
Here is the quick recipe for Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Quesadilla
- 12oz cooked shrimp, diced
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 chipotle peppers (in adobo sauce), minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 10” flour or whole wheat tortillas
- 1⅓ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (or a mix of sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese)
- Optional garnish: lime wedges, chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, roasted red peppers, chipotle peppers, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- In a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat the tortilla over medium heat.
- Place ¼ of the shrimp mixture on one half of the tortilla, top with ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, and fold the tortilla over.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the tortilla turns golden brown and then flip and cook the other side until browned and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Do try out these Smokey and crispy quesadillas!