Restaurant Level Salsa is a CINCH and inexpensive to make at home. This recipe is ridiculously simple to make, just throw all the ingredients in your food processor or blender, process it, and ta-da! Amazing Restaurant Level Salsa is ready.
Making homemade, restaurant-level salsa at home is not only easy, but cheap, and is best – BEST! – made with canned tomatoes. While fresh tomatoes make great pico de gallo, you gotta go with canned tomatoes if you want that true restaurant flavor.
Here is the quick recipe:
- 28 ounce can whole plum tomatoes including juice
- 1 small white onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 – 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- take 1/4 to 1 teaspoon granulated sugar optional, and to taste
- 1 – 2 handfuls cilantro I prefer 2
- About 3 tablespoons lime juice
Add all ingredients to a food processor in the order listed.
Pulse a few times to break up the large pieces, then process until the texture is as smooth as desired.
Taste the salsa and based on personal preference, adjust as necessary.
Transfer to an airtight container and let sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or 1 day for best flavor.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
* Remove the seeds from jalapeno peppers to reduce the heat level. This way you’ll get all the fresh jalapeno flavor and some heat, but not a crazy amount of heat.
** Also add the teaspoon of sugar to balance out the acidity of the tomatoes and as it heightens the other flavors.
* If you’d like, you could stir in some corn kernels, black beans, or chopped tomatoes.
** Recipe makes approximately 4 cups.