Spicy Thai steak salad on repeat for dinner! So energizing with all the fresh herbs and an umami sauce combined with lime, fish sauce, sugar, and toasted chili flakes. A must attempt salad for the summer, you won’t regret it. This Thai steak salad recipe is popularly available in Thai Restaurants too.
You can have this Thai salad with noodles or rice too. Use fish sauce or soya sauce for flavor and better texture. Or use dressing like lime dressing, peanut dressing to get more flavor!
Let’s have a look at how to prepare this Thai steak salad recipe-
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil/coconut oil
- 1/4th cup lemongrass, sliced
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 1 bundle mint
- 1 bundle cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomato, halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon toasted chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons toasted rice powder
- To begin, marinate your skirt steak with soy sauce, olive oil, and pepper for 30 minutes.
- While marinating, prepare your vegetables, herbs, and dressing by mixing your shallots, lemongrass, mint, cilantro, and tomatoes in a bowl.
- Put in your fish sauce, lime juice, water, sugar, chili flakes, and rice powder.
- Warm a skillet and char your skirt steak for 2-3 minutes on each side. Rest and slice. Mix with your salad and serve!
How To Store Leftovers –
If you are looking to store leftovers – use your dressing accordingly. The Thai steak salad will last longer-up to 5 days in the fridge if it is undressed – no one wants a soggy salad!
To store undressed salad, put in a large bowl, drape with a paper towel to help collect moisture, and cover with plastic wrap.
Add on items to Thai Steak Salad Recipe-
You can get creative with this Steak Salad! Here are some additional items you may want to include in yours:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Bell peppers
- Black beans
- Hard-boiled eggs
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
- Calories: 529kcal
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 25g
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!