This raw pumpkin pie recipe is pleasant because it can be made the day before and kept in the freezer until ready to be eaten. It should be served frozen. Raw pumpkin requires nuts, pumpkins, carrots, and common seasonings to add on! The pumpkin pie earns on calories, saturated fat, protein, and calcium.
Also, Pumpkin pies are a fair source of Vitamin A and E that helps to prevent few cancers. It’s also good for chronic illnesses like thyroid and aids to improve thyroid function. So you are good to go with this pie recipe! Enjoy with your family and friends! Also, an amazing recipe for Thanksgiving and Holiday season!
- 1.5 cups macadamia nuts (or walnuts or pecans)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING:
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- Half cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- First, make the crust in your food processor:
- Place crust nuts in the food processor. Process until crumbly. Add dates, coconut, and salt. Process again until well processed but still airy. Pinch between fingers. Sticks together? Ready.
- Dump pie crust mixture into pie plate. Press the crust down firmly into the pie plate. Form into crust. Press down firmly. The crust is now ready. (Set aside.)
- Next, make the raw pumpkin pie filling:
- Throw all pumpkin pie filling ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend from low to high until very, very silky smooth! (Try not to add extra water other than what is called for. If it isn’t blending properly, stop the blender. Remove the lid. Put the knife down the side of the blender – create an air pocket. Remove knife, put the lid back on, continue blending.)
- Spill pumpkin pie filling into pie dish on top of crust. Defuse out the top of the pie with a knife or back of a spoon. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Place the completed pie in the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Keep in the freezer at all times. If serving, slice Swifty as needed and eat frozen. Tastes like real pumpkin pie – raw style!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories- 340
- Carbs- 27g
- Dietary fiber- 2g
- Fat- 24g
- Protein- 7g
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!