Chicken curry recipe is one of my favorite comfort foods. This is a complete meal that contains a good amount of protein from the chicken and carbohydrates from the rice. This chicken curry recipe is spicy, wholesome, and delicious, and it’s a hit with everyone in my family. Chicken contains minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, and selenium, which help to keep our bones healthy. It is a lean, fat-free meat. It also has zinc, which helps increase sperm production and testosterone levels. Here are some more chicken health benefits. If you’re looking to lose weight, you should try this chicken curry recipe. Here, we shall understand how to make chicken curry recipe healthy and delicious.
About Chicken Curry Recipe
With this simple chicken curry recipe, you can make chicken curry at home and indulge in its extravagantly delicious flavour. Succulent chicken wrapped in a creamy tomato-based sauce gets rich layers of flavour from bold spices like ginger, cumin, and curry powder. Your chicken will be filled with the delicious aroma of a creamy, fiery, and filling curry that the whole family will enjoy! Read on to know how to make chicken curry recipe.
How To Make Instant Chicken Curry at Home (Step Wise)
Learn how to make Chicken curry recipe following these steps:-
Step 1: In 2 tablespoons of heated oil, add 1 small bay leaf, 2-3 cloves, 2 cinnamon pieces and 3 green cardamoms.
Step 2: Now add 1 cup of finely chopped onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
Step 3: Add 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste and saute it well.
Step 4: Now add, 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Step 5: Next, cook everything well till the tomatoes turn mushy. In it, add chili powder and whisked yogurt. Mix everything well and add all the remaining spices.
Step 6: Cook everything well till you achieve the desired consistency.
Step 7: To it, add 1/2 kg of chicken. Saute it for about 3-4 minutes till it the chicken is cooked well.
Step 8: Once the chicken is cooked well, add 1/2 or 3/4 cup of hot water into the gravy. Cover the lid and let it cook till the chicken is soft and tender
Step 9: Lastly, serve this chicken curry recipe with rice or roti.
Here’s how to make chicken curry in an easy way!
Preparation for Chicken Curry Recipe
There are no major preparations required to make this easy chicken curry recipe. However, it is suggested to keep all the ingredients ready and finely chop the vegetables beforehand to avoid the last-minute hassle.
Ingredients for Chicken Curry Recipe
Following are the ingredients required to make an interesting and easy chicken curry recipe:
- 1/2 Kg Chicken
- 3 large Onions (paste) ( know more about onion nutrition)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Jeera Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- For garnishing, chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 or 3/4 cup hot water
Method/Steps to Cook Chicken Curry Recipe
Follow these steps to know how to make chicken curry recipe:
Step 1: Marinate the chicken in the marinade ingredients for about 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Step 2: In the meantime, dry roast the grated coconut and set aside. Then, in a pan, heat the oil and fry the onions until they are almost brown. In the same pan, combine the remaining masala paste ingredients until the spices begin to smell fragrant. Allow it to cool.
Step 3: Blend the spice and onion mixture with the coconut in a food processor with a little water to make a thick paste.
Step 4: Heat some oil in a pan and brown the onions for the curry. Cook for about 15 minutes after adding the chicken.
Step 5: Add the masala paste and coat all of the chicken pieces with it. Pour in the water and salt.
Step 6: Allow the chicken to finish cooking.
Step 7: Add the powdered cinnamon and mix it in for about 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
Step 8: Garnish with chopped coriander and squeeze lemon juice before serving with chapati or rice.
Your easy chicken curry recipe is ready!
Any Alternate Way to Make Chicken Curry
People often wonder how to make Chicken curry in a different way. Here, let’s try another flavourful Chicken curry recipe.
Step 1: Toss the chicken with chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder in a medium bowl. Coat them thoroughly.
Step 2: Heat a 4-quart dutch oven over medium heat; add olive oil, then the chicken, and sear for 4-5 minutes. Place the chicken in a bowl and set it aside.
Step 3: Add the onion and garlic to the remaining oil in the same pot. Cook for 3–5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
Step 4: Combine the tomato paste, curry powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Cook for a few minutes before adding the coconut milk.
Step 5: Once the curry begins to bubble, return the chicken to the pot and allow the curry to simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
Step 6: When the chicken is cooked through, add the cilantro and turn off the heat.
Step 7: Enjoy the chicken curry with a bowl of brown rice
Nutritional Value in Chicken Curry
Here’s the nutritional value of an easy Chicken Curry recipe.
|Serving Size||1 cup (235g)
Pro Tips to Make the Best Chicken Curry Recipe at Home
If you want to know how to make chicken curry recipe perfectly, you can make the easy Chicken Curry recipe using these tips:-
- Don’t use readymade tomato puree. Make sure to prepare the puree at home for an enhanced flavor.
- Cook the chicken properly until it is soft and tender.
- If needed, add water to achieve the desired consistency of the chicken curry.
Health Benefits of Chicken Curry Recipe
Here are some health benefits of the easy Chicken curry recipe.
- Protein source: Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein, which is necessary for the development and repair of bodily tissues. Protein improves immune system health, aids in muscular growth, and increases satiety, making you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
- Vital Vitamins and Minerals: Chicken curry offers vital vitamins and minerals. It has B vitamins such vitamin B6, which is crucial for brain growth and function, and niacin, which helps with energy metabolism. In addition, chicken contains minerals including iron, zinc, and selenium, which are important for a number of biological processes.
- Antioxidant properties: Numerous curry ingredients, including turmeric, ginger, and garlic, have antioxidant qualities. Curcumin, a substance found in turmeric, has been linked to many health advantages, including lowering inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Anti-Inflammatory effects: Turmeric and ginger in particular, which are present in chicken curry, can have anti-inflammatory properties. Anti-inflammatory foods can help reduce the risk of chronic inflammation, which is linked to a number of medical disorders.
- Digestive Health: Cumin and coriander, two spices frequently found in chicken curry, have long been used to aid digestion and soothe gastrointestinal distress. These herbs and spices might improve digestion and promote gut health.
- Weight loss management: Chicken curry can be included in a balanced diet for people who are trying to lose weight. In order to decrease appetite and encourage a feeling of fullness, lean protein from chicken can be consumed. You can read more about weight loss, in our weight loss blogs.
Tips to Limit the Calorie in Chicken Curry
If you want to know how to make chicken curry recipe healthy, you can follow these tips:-
- Reduce the oil or switch to healthier alternatives like olive oil
- Use low-fat dairy
- Avoid high-calorie ingredients like cashews, fried onions etc as garnishes
- Instead of serving chicken curry with regular rice, switch to healthier alternatives like brown rice or quinoa
What are some dishes I can make with chicken?
You can make the following recipes with chicken.
- Butter Chicken
- Chicken Tikka
- Chicken Biryani
- Chicken Korma
You can also read more about chicken nutrition
What’s different in the Chicken Curry Recipe by Livofy?
This easy chicken curry recipe by Livofy is unique because of the way it is prepared. We aim to share recipes that are healthy, tasty and filling.
What is the cooking time for Chicken Curry?
It takes about 35-40 minutes for the Chicken curry recipe to be prepared.
Is Chicken curry healthy?
People often wonder how to make chicken curry healthy. Well, if prepared by using healthy ingredients, it can be a flavourful and healthy meal. It is also important to note that if eaten in moderation, it provides a good amount of protein to your body, essential nutrients, antioxidant properties and may help manage weight as well.
What is the right time to have Chicken Curry?
Typically, a chicken curry recipe is prepared as a popular dinnertime meal in Indian households but can be consumed at any time of the day.
How many calories does chicken curry have?
235g of chicken curry has about 243 calories
How to make chicken curry perfectly?
My best tip for making the best curry is to use as many fresh herbs and spices as possible! They are far more flavorful and fragrant than dried flowers. There is a significant difference.
How to make chicken curry interesting?
You can make chicken curry interesting by adding different variations to it such as adding roasted vegetables. You can also add fresh herbs to enhance its flavor. Adding additional spices such as chili powder can also help in enhancing its flavor.
How to make Chicken Curry quickly?
In order to make the chicken curry faster, make sure to keep all the ingredients ready beforehand to avoid hassle.