So you’ve decided to give the ketogenic diet a whirl. There’s only one problem: You didn’t realize how tough an impossible life would be without bread. And buns. And tortillas. Keto India is here to help. Here’s how to get your sandwich fix without messing up your diet with these keto sandwiches!
KETO CHICKEN SANDWICH
While this keto chicken sandwich recipe requires a few more steps, it’s still remarkably easy to make and you could be eating your sandwich in just 30 minutes or less (if you cook fast).
By cutting the chicken breast into thin pieces, it cooks much faster. And by coating the chicken pieces with garlic powder and paprika, the chicken, as well as the grain-free bread, has tons of flavor. (And the chicken slices are kept moist by coating it with an egg mixture.)
- 1 chicken breast (200 g), sliced into thin pieces
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 teaspoon (3 g) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (.5 g) paprika
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Avocado oil or olive oil to fry chicken in
- For the Italian Grain-Free Bread
- 1/3 cup (35 g) almond flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon (1g) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 g) salt
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons (37 ml) ghee (or butter if you tolerate it, coconut oil, or olive oil), melted
- Mustard, Paleo mayo, and romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Place all the bread ingredients into a mug and mix well.
- Place the mug into the microwave and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes and then pop out of the mug and slice into 4 slices.
- Place the slices onto a baking tray and toast in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken breast into thin slices approximately the size of the mug (so that the chicken pieces won’t hang out of the bread too much).
- Make the coating for the chicken pieces by mixing together the egg, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a frying pan. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture and then place it into the frying pan.
- Fry on medium heat until the outside of the chicken turns golden and then the chicken is completely cooked. Place the chicken pieces on a plate.
- Put the sandwiches together by spreading some mustard and mayo onto 1 slice of bread, adding some lettuce leaves, and then putting a slice of chicken on top.
- Eat as an open-faced sandwich or place another slice of toasted Italian grain-free bread on top.
Fat: 65 g
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Protein: 33 g
KETO SAUSAGE SANDWICH
Our favorite keto breakfast sandwich is low in carbs, high in healthy fats, and off the charts in flavor! The sausage on the outside is the perfect touch to make you not miss the bread at all!
We\’re bacon/sausage/eggs/cheese kind of people, and we are unapologetic about eating breakfast foods for any meal of the day or for EVERY meal of the day!
- 2 sausage patties
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sharp cheddar
- 1/4 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/4–1/2 tsp sriracha (to taste)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausages per package instructions and set aside.
- In small bowl place cream cheese and sharp cheddar. Microwave for 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Mix cheese with sriracha set aside.
- Mix egg with seasoning and make a small omelet.
- Fill omelet with cheese sriracha mixture and assemble the sandwich.
Total Carbs: 7g
Net Carbs: 4g
KETO SAUSAGE AND EGG SANDWICH
Who needs fast food when you can make your own low carb and keto McMuffin Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich right at home. You won’t even miss the English muffin… It’s that GOOD!
If you are following a low carb or keto diet, then you have probably gotten pretty bored of plain old bacon and eggs for breakfast. Although they are two of our absolute favorite foods, we are always looking for ways to jazz up low carb breakfast foods.
If you are just starting out and are looking for recipes to help you become fat adapted and get into ketosis, then this recipe is a great place to start. Perfectly low in carbs and high in healthy fats.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 sausage patties, cooked
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- a few slices of avocado
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place lightly oiled mason jar rings or silicone egg molds into the pan.
- Crack the eggs into the rings and use a fork to break the yolks and gently whisk. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Remove the eggs from the rings.
- Place one of the eggs on a plate and top it with half of the mayonnaise. Top the egg with one of the sausage patties.
- Top the sausage patty with a slice of cheese and avocado.
- Put the second sausage patty on top of the avocado and top it with the remaining cheese.
- Spread the remaining mayonnaise on the second cooked egg and put it on top of the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
KETO ITALIAN SUB ROLL-UPS
- 4 Sliced Genoa Salami
- 5 Slices Mortadella
- 3 Slices Sopressata
- 2 Slices Pepperoni
- 3 Slices Provolone, omit for a dairy-free option
- Paleo Lime Mayo or store-bought mayo, we love Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- Shredded Lettuce
- Extra toppings, our favorites are banana peppers, jalapeño peppers, roasted red peppers, and black olives, if desired
- Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Italian Seasoning
- Layer the meat slices from largest to smallest. For the brand we use (Boar\’s Head), the order is Genoa Salami, Mortadella, Sopressata, and Pepperoni.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo on the stack, making sure to leave space at the top of the largest piece to keep it from squishing out when you roll them up.
- Add a slice of provolone on top of the mayo, about halfway from the top. Add a small handful of lettuce to the lower half and top with desired toppings (optional).
- Have the toothpicks nearby and ready to grab. Starting from the bottom of the cheese, gently (but as tightly as possible) roll the stack, pushing in any fillings that find their way out.
- When you get to the end, secure the outer meat edges with a toothpick.
- To serve, pour 2 parts oil and 1 part vinegar into a small dipping ramekin. Sprinkle some Italian seasoning on top. Dip the roll-ups in the oil/vinegar and enjoy!
- Store extras in the fridge, wrapped individually in plastic wrap, for up to a week. These make for delicious and easy school lunches.
THAI CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
Ready for a quick and healthy lunch? These Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with hoisin sauce, are loaded with flavor and ready in 15 minutes, start to finish! We promise, your tastebuds will thank you!
These little babies are Thai inspired, for no other reason than our love for Thai food! We went ahead with a little red curry paste along with some sweet hoisin sauce, which gives this dish a perfect balance of sweet and spicy but not too spicy!
We think one of the main reasons why we love Thai food is because of all the fresh ingredients and bold flavors.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup cabbage shredded or coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 5 leaves basil chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce cut into half
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat until oil is very hot.
To this, add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink and starts to brown, break it up with a wooden spoon as necessary. Should take about 3 minutes.
Add red curry paste, ginger, garlic, peppers, coleslaw mix, and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
Now, add hoisin sauce and green onions, and toss. Remove from heat then add basil and toss.
Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl.
Serve by placing spoonfuls of chicken into pieces of lettuce, fold lettuce over like small tacos, and eat.