Sprouted moong, moth, chana cooked in a tomato base along with ginger and green chilies, with a few spices, makes a simple curry called sprouts curry. Sprouts Curry is a hearty and nourishing dinner recipe. It is a super easy yet satisfying meatless meal that’s full of spicy goodness!
This recipe is naturally a Vegan and Gluten-free meal full of nutrients. Filled with a full serving of rich high-quality plant protein, bean or lentil sprouts are one of the most inexpensive superfoods you can find.
This sprouts curry is also very low in fat calories and high in fiber. It contains essential vitamins and nutrients including potassium, Vitamin C, folate, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, beta carotene, and antioxidants.
- One cup mixed sprouts
- 1 tbsp mustard oil (Sarson ka tel)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tomatoes pureed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1-inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 squeeze lime juice
- A handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp of mustard oil in a cooker. Heat it till the smoking point.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down, Add 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera). Permit the seeds to cook on low flame for a minute till absolutely aromatic.
- Next, adjoin in a puree of 2 tomatoes.
- Cook on low to medium flame, stirring occasionally.
- Cook till the oil oozes.
- Put in 2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add in 1 cup of mixed sprouts. Cook for 5 minutes
- Next, put in chopped ginger and 1 chopped green chili. Cook everything for a minute.
- Add in one cup of water.
- Pressure cook on high heat till the first whistle. Thereafter on low flame for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release. Check and adjust the doneness, seasoning, and consistency.
- Finish off with the juice of 1 lemon and a handful of chopped coriander leaves.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
- CALORIES: 174
- TOTAL FAT: 3g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 28g
- FIBER: 11g
- SUGAR: 3g
- PROTEIN: 10g
Sprouts curry is a very great recipe for weight loss and other medical conditions like diabetes.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!