Easy Pea and Spinach Carbonara is the ultimate meal for a lazy day. It comes together in 15 minutes and only takes a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have. Carbonara is the famous Italian pasta dish prepared from eggs. cheese, pepper, and seasonings.
Fresh pasta cooks up quickly than dried, making it a must-have for fast weeknight dinners like this luscious yet healthy meal. Eggs are the base of the creamy sauce. They don’t get wholly cooked, so use pasteurized-in-the-shell eggs if you prefer.
The one dodge with carbonara is making sure you move fast and continue moving the pasta. Moving quickly will give you a creamy, rich sauce. Going slow will result in scrambled eggs.
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 ounces) package fresh tagliatelle or linguine
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
Making Pea and Spinach Carbonara
- Set10 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Adjoin breadcrumbs and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Shift to a small bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons Parmesan and parsley. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining 6 tablespoons Parmesan, egg yolks, egg, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Prepare pasta in boiling water, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Adjoin spinach and peas and cook until the pasta is tender, about 1 minute more. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Gently whisk the reserved cooking water into the egg mixture. And slowly adjoin the mixture to the pasta, tossing it with tongs to combine. Serve topped with the reserved breadcrumb mixture.
- 430 calories
- 15 g fat
- 8 g fiber
- 54 g carbohydrates
- 20 g protein
This Easy Pea and Spinach Carbonara pasta dish will surely be loved by you and your family! Must try this one!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!