The tastier and healthier version of calorie sweet is Oats and Orange Rabdi!
Rabri is a classic sweet dish enjoyed in all parts of India. Adding a twist to it are 2 key ingredients Oats and Oranges. The sweet flavor of Rabri well blended with the tangy flavor of Orange results in a divine taste!
Here are steps to make Oats and Orange Rabdi:
Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 55-6 mins | Makes 4 servings
- 1-liter milk
- 100 grams plain Quaker Oats
- 1 small cup of fresh Orange pulp
- take 1 tbsp. cashews, Almonds, walnuts pcs
- 1 cup sugar
- Cardamom – 3 to 4 powdered w/o skin
- Saffron threads – 8 – 10 soaked in milk
- Dry roast oats and grind them coarsely.
- Boil Milk in a heavy bottom vessel.
- After a boil, simmer and let the milk boil.
- When a layer is formed on top, move it to the sides of the vessel and continue this process.
- A few minutes later when milk is reduced to half the original quantity, the color of the milk turns creamy and the texture gets thicker.
- At this stage add oats and continue boiling. Keep stirring in between.
- Wait till the oats get cooked and the consistency of the milk gets much thicker.
- Now add sugar and cook again. Mix well. Add saffron threads soaked in milk along with the milk.
- Add dry fruit cuttings and mix well.
- Now off the gas and transfer the Rabdi to a bowl. Let it cool a bit. Add orange pulp to rabdi when it is a bit cool.
- Mix evenly. Keep some orange pulp for garnishing.
- Then keep in the refrigerator for 20 mins.
- Garnish with orange pulp on top and serve Orange Rabri using Oats chilled to your family!
Low-fat milk, the minimal amount of ghee, and high-fiber oats bring the calorie count down to only 98 per serving – enough reason to forget the original and add this to a diabetic menu intermittently during festivals!
Try it once this festive season and you are gonna surely fall in love with it.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!