These peanut butter energy balls are gluten-free, oil-free, vegan, and no-bake. They are firm & chewy, sweet & salty, yet perfectly nutty. Snack up this bite-sized snack for post-workout fuel, as a healthy dessert, or pack it inside your meal-prep lunches. They’re cooked with 5 ingredients, ready in 10 minutes, and freezer-friendly!
These Peanut butter energy balls are pretty much the perfect snack.” Energy balls have a satiating combination of protein, good carbs, healthy fats, and high in fiber. … Also, energy balls are portable, so they are the perfect healthy on-the-go snack before or after your workout!
Feel free to experiment with different mix-ins–for example, dried fruit or chopped nuts–in place of the chocolate chips and coconut.
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted and unsalted
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, tightly packed (~15 dates)
- Half cup rolled oats
- Half cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- Put all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process ingredients until a sticky mixture are formed. The batter should be pinch-able, so you can roll it into balls. If it’s feeling too brittle and crumbly, add 1-2 tbsp water and process again for about 20 seconds.
- Be sure to detach the pits from your Medjool dates.
- You can store the energy balls in an airtight container. Store at room temperature and enjoy within 72 hours. If saving for the future, keep stored in the refrigerator or freezer. They keep for 7 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
These Peanut Butter Energy Bites could simply pass as dessert. They are the ultimate mix between a granola bar and cookie dough. Amazing to curb the afternoon munchies and the dreaded mid-afternoon energy slump.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!