Yogurt oats is an excellent breakfast option for those who enjoy a nice hot bowl of seasoned, savory porridge made South Indian style to replicate curd rice which is a simple yet comforting meal.
A cupful of oats is a filling breakfast option and with the kind of recipes out there, you can ensure that you never get bored of it as you can alternate between sweet and savory versions.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup thick curds/plain yogurt
- salt to taste
- a fat pinch of mustard seeds
- a fat pinch of cumin seeds
- 1/2 broken dry red chilli
- a small pinch of asafoetida hing
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee or oil
- Let the water boil in a small saucepan and then add the oats to it. Stir continuously to prevent lumps from forming. When cooked the oats will absorb the water.
- Lower the heat and add the yogurt and whisk continuously. Put a pinch of salt to taste, mix and remove from heat. Transfer into a serving bowl.
- warm ghee or oil in a small pan for seasoning. Put in the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Next, adjoin the cumin seeds and let them sizzle for a few seconds before adding the curry leaves. Hurl in the broken chili and reduce the heat. Adjoin the asafoetida as well and quickly remove the pan from heat.
- Spillover this seasoning into the bowl of oats and serve immediately
Storage tip- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days!
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Calories- 320
- Fat- 6g
- Carbs- 48g
- Sugar- 18g
This combination of yogurt and oats is pretty nutritious and packed with nutrients. It’s a pretty great choice for weight loss breakfast recipes. This can be a very frequent recipe to prepare and have a bowl of it with joy!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!