Grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is packed with flavor and nutrition, making it a great choice for those who are health-conscious. The combination of grilled salmon and fresh vegetables creates a balanced meal that is both satisfying and nutritious.
The rich flavor of the salmon pairs perfectly with the fresh and tangy cucumber and tomato salad. This dish is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed by anyone, whether you are a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen. Whether you are looking for a light and refreshing meal or a hearty and filling dish, grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad is sure to satisfy your appetite and taste buds.
How to make grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad at home
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the salmon fillets with olive oil, then sprinkle the spice mixture over them.
- Place the salmon fillets on the grill, skin side down, and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully flip the salmon fillets and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and parsley.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber and tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve the grilled salmon fillets with the cucumber and tomato salad on the side. Enjoy!
Here is the estimated nutritional value for one serving of the grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad recipe:
- Calories: 441
- Protein: 38g Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 289mg
Note: The nutritional values may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Additionally, this is just an estimate and should be used as a guideline only.
Pro tips to make the best grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad at home
Grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad is a delicious and healthy meal that can be prepared at home. Here are some pro tips to help you make the best version of this dish:
- Start with high-quality salmon: Look for wild-caught salmon if possible, as it tends to have a better flavor and texture than farmed salmon. Choose salmon fillets that are firm and evenly colored, with no brown spots or discoloration.
- Preheat your grill: Make sure your grill is preheated to medium-high heat before you start cooking the salmon. This will help to ensure that the salmon cooks evenly and doesn’t stick to the grill.
- Season the salmon: Brush the salmon fillets with a mixture of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and let them sit for a few minutes to absorb the flavors. You can also add other seasonings like garlic powder, paprika, or herbs like dill or thyme.
- Grill the salmon: Place the salmon fillets on the grill skin-side down and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the salmon, as it can become dry and tough.
- Make the cucumber and tomato salad: While the salmon is cooking, prepare the cucumber and tomato salad by slicing the vegetables and tossing them with a simple vinaigrette made from olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can also add other ingredients like red onion, feta cheese, or fresh herbs.
- Serve and enjoy: Once the salmon is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Serve the salmon with the cucumber and tomato salad on the side, and garnish with additional herbs or lemon wedges if desired.
With these pro tips, you should be able to make a delicious and healthy grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad at home. Enjoy!
Grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad is a nutritious meal that provides several health benefits. Here are some of the main health benefits:
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential fats that help to reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, and improve brain function.
- High in Protein: Salmon is also an excellent source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body. Protein also helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, which can help to prevent overeating.
- Low in Calories: Grilled salmon is a relatively low-calorie food, which can help to support weight loss and weight management goals.
- Contains Antioxidants: Cucumbers and tomatoes are both rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect the body against oxidative stress and reduce the risk of chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- Supports Digestive Health: Cucumbers are high in water and fiber, which can help to promote healthy digestion and prevent constipation.
Overall, grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad is a delicious and nutritious meal that provides several health benefits.
Tips to limit the calories in grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad
Grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad is a healthy and nutritious meal, but if you’re looking to limit your calorie intake, there are a few tips you can follow:
- Choose a smaller portion of salmon: A typical serving size of salmon is around 3-4 ounces, which provides approximately 120-160 calories. If you’re looking to limit your calorie intake, consider choosing a smaller portion size.
- Remove the skin from the salmon: While the skin of the salmon is edible and provides some additional flavor and nutrition, it also contains a higher amount of calories and fat. Removing the skin can help to reduce the overall calorie content of the meal.
- Use a lighter dressing: The cucumber and tomato salad can be dressed with a simple vinaigrette made with lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs. Avoid using heavy dressings that are high in calories and fat, like creamy dressings or ranch.
- Limit added fats: When grilling the salmon, use a light coating of olive oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking, but avoid adding excess oil or butter, which can add calories.
- Add more vegetables: Increase the amount of vegetables in the salad to increase the fiber and nutrient content of the meal without adding many calories. Consider adding other low-calorie vegetables, such as bell peppers, carrots, or celery.
By following these tips, you can enjoy a delicious and healthy grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad while also limiting your calorie intake.
What’s the best way to cook salmon?
Grilling, baking, and broiling are all great ways to cook salmon. Grilling provides a delicious smoky flavor, while baking and broiling are more hands-off methods that are great for cooking larger fillets.
Can I use frozen salmon for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen salmon for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw the salmon completely before cooking it to ensure that it cooks evenly.
How long does it take to grill salmon?
Cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets and the heat of your grill. Generally, you should grill salmon for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
Can I make the cucumber and tomato salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the cucumber and tomato salad ahead of time, but it’s best to dress it just before serving to prevent it from becoming soggy.
Is salmon a good source of protein?
Yes, salmon is a great source of protein, providing about 22-25 grams of protein per 3-4 ounce serving.
What other vegetables can I add to the cucumber and tomato salad?
You can add any vegetables that you like to the cucumber and tomato salad. Some great options include bell peppers, red onion, carrots, celery, or avocado.
How many calories are in grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad?
The calorie content of this meal can vary depending on the portion size and how it’s prepared. However, a typical serving of grilled salmon with cucumber and tomato salad contains around 300-400 calories.