Tender meatballs smothered in a creamy gravy with smooth cauliflower purée? Life couldn’t get any better than this! This Cauliflower Mash With Meatballs in Gravy dinner takes just 30 minutes to cook!
Healthy doesn’t have to mean flavorless. This easy recipe for Meatballs over Mashed Cauliflower is super simple but full of flavor in every bite. Juicy meatballs with a crisp crust and flavor-packed gravy spooned over delicious mashed cauliflower delivers a wonderful dinner recipe for you to try tonight!
- 1 pound cauliflower, cut into small florets or priced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon avocado oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: additional grated Parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish
For the Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- For the gravy
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Bring water to a boil in the lower part of a steamer.
- Place cauliflower in the upper part and season with salt to taste.
- Steam the cauliflower until tender, about 7-10 minutes total.
Transfer steamed cauliflower (drain the water) to a food processor.
- Reserve about 1/4th cup of the flour and set aside. Add the salt, black pepper, butter, Parmesan cheese, and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the 1/4th cup of cauliflower. Set aside.
- For the meatballs: Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl. Mix together taking care not to over mix the meat. Form each meatball by hand doing so gently, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Heat two tablespoons of avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs to the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes, rotating each ball, until cooked through and browned.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan, and set them aside.
- For the gravy: Add the butter to the exact same skillet the meatballs were in over medium-high heat.
- Once melted, add the beef stock, heavy cream, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer until the gravy has thickened (can coat the back of a spoon) about 5-7 minutes.
- To serve add the cauliflower mash to a bowl. Place the meatballs on top and ladle the gravy on top. Garnish with parsley if desired.
We just love this dish and we hope that you will feel the same after you eat it. Well for more such amazing and delicious keto recipes, stay tuned with us. And go follow us on our Instagram Handle and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!