Hello Paneer lovers! Let’s learn how to make cottage cheese (paneer) at home. The recipe is so simple and easy and just in 15 minutes, you can have your homemade cottage cheese ready.
Cottage cheese makes a delectable light breakfast or lunch when served with fruit or a salad. This dish is pretty easy to make at home that there\’s no reason to pick up a tub at the store. All you need are two ingredients – full-fat milk and an acidic agent like lemon juice, vinegar, or yogurt.
So here are simple to follow instructions to make homemade paneer so that you never go wrong, and try making our own paneer every time you crave some.
Cottage Cheese at Home Recipe-
- 1 litre Full Fat Milk or whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon juice or vinegar Or half-cup Yogurt
- Bring milk to a roaring boil and reduce the flame to a simmer.
- Add the souring agent of your choice- lemon juice, vinegar, or yogurt and whisk with a spoon. Boil for 2-3 minutes till you see the milk starting to split.
- Turn off the flame as soon as the milk splits completely and separates into whey and cheese curds.
- Line a sieve with a muslin cloth or cheesecloth and place this over another vessel. Drain the paneer into the cheesecloth and collect the whey into the bottom. Use the whey to make a refreshing drink or kneading dough.
- Once the whey has exerted out, you can use the paneer as is. Or if you wish to shape it into a block, cover the paneer with the edges of the cheesecloth and place a heavy weight on it. Set this aside for 10 minutes. Slice and store the paneer in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can also use low-fat milk or skimmed milk.
- Storage: Paneer can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4-5days. Immerse it in water to keep it fresh and soft. The water prevents it from drying out.
- Freezing Paneer: Paneer can be frozen, though it tastes slightly powdery when thawed. Therefore, we recommend making it fresh or making it a few days ahead instead of freezing it.
- Calories- 120
- Carbs- 3g
- Fat- 5g
A basic recipe for how to make soft cottage cheese at home. Chunk it, fry it, crumble it and enjoy in the dishes of your choice. A tiny bit of prep, a little bit of waiting, literal MINUTES of cooking, and this is on the table!
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.