By splitting and roasting these babies face-down, the eggplant gets velvety soft. While that’s happening, you make the quickest, tastiest tomato sauce so when the eggplants are ready you just spoon the chili sauce right on top, cheese it up (no breading!), broil, and your low-carb/keto Eggplant Parm Boats are ready.
Roast whole eggplants in the oven, then slice them lengthwise and fill with delicious parm ingredients like marinara, mozzarella, and fresh basil.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ lb ground turkey (225 g)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups marinara sauce (520 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella (100 g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Scoop out inside of eggplant leaving about ½-inch (1 cm) border inside.
- Chop the remaining eggplant and reserve.
- Brush the scooped out eggplants with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan. Cook until translucent.
- Add ground turkey and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the meat is browned.
- Add leftover eggplant pieces to ground turkey and onion.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Add marinara sauce and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Scoop meat sauce into the eggplants and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve.
We just love this dish and we hope that you will feel the same after you eat it. Well for more such amazing and delicious keto recipes, stay tuned with us. And go follow us on our Instagram Handle and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!