While cauliflower would not be your foremost choice when you think of a real potato salad, in the low carb world, cauliflower is the veggie most likely to replace potato. The bite and texture of tender cauliflower can resembleth the same as potato salad, although the taste is not the same. But the cauliflower taste is very tender and works well to make a Keto Cauliflower Salad.
The dressing in this cauliflower salad will take you back to your potato salad which you miss on a low carb diet regime.
You would be so amazed how alike this healthy Keto Cauliflower Salad tastes like the real potato salad. That’s because it has the same color, texture, and dressing. When you mix everything, it’s really hard to tell the difference. So it’s pretty much a faux potato salad! Are you down with that?
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Bacon Slices
1) Preheat the grill on low heat.
2) Chop 100g cauliflower into bite-sized chunks. Split and place pieces on two separate sheets of aluminum foil in a flat layer. Season with pink Himalayan salt and pepper.
3) Lift foil edges so it slightly hides the cauliflower. Spill 1/4 cup of water onto each cauliflower package. Wrap with another piece of foil and wrap properly.
4) Grill for 15-20 minutes on the side, avoiding the hot center and leaving space for the bacon.
5) Lay bacon slices in a grill pan with high ridges. Grill for 10-15 minutes until crispy. Flip them halfway through.
6) Chop celery stalks into small pieces, finely dice the onion, and chives.
7) Remove bacon from the grill. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
8) Remove cauliflower and carefully unwrap. Allow cooling completely. Once cooled, add cauliflower in a big bowl.
9) Add bacon, celery, onions, and chives. Save a few pieces for topping.
10) In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, and cider vinegar. Season with pink Himalayan salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
11) Spillover the cauliflower salad and toss to combine evenly. Top with bacon and chives.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Protein- 9 g
Fats- 17 g
Carbohydrates- 8 g
Fiber – 3 g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.