These keto coconut lime bars are a tangy treat sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! Keep refrigerated. Garnish each bar with a small lime wedge, if desired. The bars are crispy, buttery crust, topped with the creamy, tangy, coconut lime filling – you’ll surely love them.
For the Crust:
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
- pinch of kosher salt
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- 1/4 cup grated lime zest
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Couple all of the crust ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix well with a fork until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press firmly into an 8 by 8 baking pan, going about 1/2 inch up the sides. Line the pan with parchment paper or foil first for best results, then you can simply lift out the completed lemon bars.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool while you make the filling.
To make the filling:
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Remove from heat and whisk in lime juice, and lime zest and sweetener until dissolved.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and place back them to the stove over low heat.
- Prepare over low heat, whisking continually until the curd starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a small bowl.
- Whisk in the gelatin and xanthan gum until dissolved and smooth.
- Pour the filling over the par-baked crust and spread out evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Bake the bars at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into sixteen 2 x 2 squares and garnish with optional toasted coconut and grated lime zest before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information Per serving-
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
A lush treat, these Keto Coconut Lime Bars feature a toasted coconut pecan shortbread crust topped with a layer of creamy, tart coconut lime filling. A decent, easy, low carb, keto-friendly lime dessert for all occasions!
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!