This keto desi raita is a classic Indian condiment that works especially well with spicy foods! With added cucumber and mint, it has a wonderful cooling effect.
Raita with Cucumber and Mint
This low carb keto desi raita is a classic Indian condiment that works especially well with spicy foods! With added cucumber and mint, it has a wonderful cooling effect!
There are many different variations, and my low carb version isn\’t too far from the traditional idea. If you don\’t like mint, you could use cilantro instead, and you could add a dash of lemon juice if you felt like it was needed.
Keto desi raita is an Indian yoghurt-based condiment that is served especially with hot and spicy food. It accompanies piquant main courses — like curries and kebabs — perfectly and cools down the heat.
In this 5-Ingredient Keto Raita, the flavours are maximized, and the carbs minimized. Preparing this simple yet succulent raita is a cinch, too: mix all ingredients, let the flavours mingle, and dig in!
- Take 1 cup (240 ml) of plain Greek or Turkish yoghurt. Place it into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Take 7 oz (200 g) English cucumber.
- Grate it.
- Add the grated cucumber to the bowl with the yoghurt.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh mint leaves.
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger.
- Add a dash of ground cumin, Himalayan salt & pepper.
- Mix well, refrigerate.
BENEFITS OF CUCUMBER-
- It\’s High in Nutrients. Cucumbers are low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals.
- Contains Antioxidants.
- Promotes Hydration.
- May Aid in Weight Loss.
- Lower Blood Sugar.
- Could Promote Regularity.
- Easy to Add to Your Diet.
Enjoy this as a dip, side dish, or just by itself. Refreshing desi raita goes well with majorly all your dishes. Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!