Keto Shortbread Cookies are tasty and buttery, and they only require 5 ingredients! They are the perfect keto cookie for the holiday season because they contain no sugar or grains.
These keto shortbread cookies may look pretty and difficult to make, but they are So simple to make, and require just 5 ingredients!
- 3/4 cup erythritol or monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup butter softened and salted
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour blanched almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add your softened butter and granulated sweetener to a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat together until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, until combined and smooth. Gently fold in the almond flour, until combined.
- Using a large spoon or cookie scoop, form 10-15balls of dough and place on the lined pan. Depress down on each ball into a cookie shape, followed by crossing on either side with a fork.
- Bake the cookies for about 20minutes, or until beginning to go golden around the edges. Take out from the oven and allow cookies to cool completely.
Nutrition Information per Serving :
- Calories: 152kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 14g
Tips to make the best low carb shortbread
- Use superfine blanched almond flour. That is key to ensure a smooth and buttery shortbread cookie. If your almond flour isn’t fine, you will notice the exterior of the cookies to be grainy.
- You can make these in a loaf pan for a traditional shortbread cookie shape. Remove from the oven around the 7-minute mark and slice into the desired shape. Place back in the oven and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Do not overbake the shortbread.
- Feel free to brush the tops of the cookies with melted butter and a sprinkle of granulated sweetener for garnishing.
While these shortbread cookies taste delicious on their own, change up their flavors for some fun variety!
- Cranberry– Fold through one-fourth cup of dried cranberries into the dough.
- Lavender– Add two teaspoons of dried lavender to the dough.
- Lemon– Fold through some lemon zest and add several drops of lemon extract.
- Chocolate Chip– Add one-fourth cup mini chocolate chips.
- Cinnamon– Add half teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle the baked cookies with cinnamon and sugar.
- To store: Store them at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Put shortbread in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Not only are these low carb Keto Shortbread Cookies recipe delectable. They make the best crumbly base for Low-Carb, cheesecake and no-bake pie, recipes. Keto shortbread cookies are a great snack, staying low carb when enjoying them couldn’t be easier.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!