This keto chocolate cake with chocolate glaze proves that bad-tasting desserts don’t have to make you feel foggy and fatigued. With a silky chocolate glaze and perfect crumb, this keto- and paleo-friendly cake is free from grains, sugar, and milk — but still delivers perfect fudgy flavor in every bite.
There’s nothing like finishing a meal with a moist piece of cake. However, traditional cakes usually use flour and sugar, or frostings with mystery additives and oils that taste bad and make you feel even worse. This homemade keto chocolate cake utilizes ingredients that go easier on your gut and keep inflammation at bay — so you won’t have to feel guilty going back for a second (or third) piece.
When you make keto chocolate cake, it is best served warm with the chocolate glaze drizzled on top.
KETO CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or grass-fed ghee, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- two tsp vanilla extract or one tbsp vanilla powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated sweeteners (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- Additional ghee, grass-fred butter, or coconut oil for greasing
CHOCOLATE GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- One cup of coconut cream
- One tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- one tablespoon of erythritol, xylitol, or MitoSweet, or roughly 10 drops of liquid stevia
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch metal cake pan with ghee, butter, or coconut oil.
- Mix egg whites until they develop a foamy consistency.
- Mix all remaining chocolate cake ingredients in a separate bowl. Then slowly fold egg whites into the batter.
- Pour batter into the cake pan. Bake until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the keto chocolate cake cools, prepare the glaze. Add all glaze ingredients and whisk continuously to combine in a saucepan on low heat.
- Pour chocolate glaze into a glass jar and spray over the cake. Serve keto chocolate cake warm, or in the refrigerator (icing will harden).
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 30g
- Carbs: 22.4g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Net Carbs: 4.9g
- Protein: 6.5g
Keto chocolate cake with chocolate gaze is a big yes for all chocolate lovers. Happy eating!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!