Are you looking for easy-to-make recipes that can be incorporated into a Keto diet? Did you know that cabbage is an excellent low-carb vegetable, and is just as delicious? Hop in, and explore the world of mouthwatering Indian keto recipes with cabbage!
Cabbage and Pork Stir Fry
Cook to have your taste buds dance with joy. Adding an Indian twist to the traditional recipe elevates it even more by enhancing the spice of curry and the freshness of cilantro. That wonderfulness aside, it can be prepared really quickly!
- Net carbs: 9 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Fat: 97 g
- Protein: 34 g
- kcal: 1055
Time Taken: 20 Minutes
- 1½ lbs green cabbage
- 5 oz. butter
- 1½ lbs ground pork or ground lamb
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cut the cabbage with a knife or in a food processor as finely as possible.
- Fry the cabbage in half of the butter in a large frying pan for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add spices and vinegar.
- Sauté until fragrant.
- Place the cabbage in a bowl, and reserve.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same pan.
- Add garlic, onion, and curry paste. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Now add ground meat and sauté until the meat is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Lower the flame a little and add the cabbage back to the pan. Stir until everything is warmed through.
- Finish seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Indian Style Sabzi (Patta Gobhi ki Sabzi)
Most Indian meals include a variety of dishes. Sabzi means vegetable and Patta Gobhi is cabbage. This recipe is cooked regularly at home and is a great side dish to have along with your keto roti or keto rice.
- Calories: 111
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Carbs: 5g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
Time Taken: 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 8-9 Curry Leaves
- A pinch of hing/asafoetida
- Chop the cabbage up into fine shreds
- Heat the ghee in your Kadai.
- Add in the cumin and mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds start to pop, add in the curry leaves and a pinch of hing.
- When the curry leaves have crisped up add in the cabbage and give it all a good mix.
- Season with turmeric and salt and cover with a lid and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Finish with fresh coriander, give it another good mix, and serve.
This low-carb dish is a perfect break from the cauliflower rice most people have on keto With its mild flavor, cabbage is a fantastic vegetable to add to just about any dish. This is undoubtedly one of the easiest recipes you can make. It’s something that can easily be prepared and cooked within twenty minutes.
Time Taken: 15 Minutes
- One head of cabbage riced
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a skillet until hot and melted. Stir in the turmeric, garlic, curry, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Add cabbage rice and stir until it’s well coated with the ghee mixture.
- Place the lid on top and allow it to simmer on medium for ten minutes.
- Cabbage should be nice and tender. If not, continue cooking a little longer, and serve once done!
Keto Cabbage Pancakes
Who would have thought that cabbage can also be made into pancakes? You can serve these crispy cabbage pancakes with a spicy garam masala yogurt sauce for an added flavor. This recipe is family-friendly, and a great compliment to a fish or beef entree too!
Nutritional Information (Per Pancake)
- Fat: 9g
- Crabs: 2.4g
- Protein: 4.2g
Time Taken: 15 Minutes
- 1/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 pound green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 small pearl onion
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 5 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Combine the ingredients for the yogurt sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the cabbage, coconut flour, curry powder, onion, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix the eggs in a separate bowl and pour over the cabbage.
- Stir to combine and thoroughly coat the cabbage.
- Warm half the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat and prepare to fry.
- Scoop a large spoonful of the batter and place in the hot oil.
- Cook on one side for 4 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip and continue cooking for 3 more minutes.
- The cabbage should be soft and the eggs cooked.
- Serve warm with yogurt sauce.
Keto Cabbage Cutlets
Who doesn’t love steaming hot cutlets on a rainy day? We know we do! What if those cutlets are delicious and keto-friendly? Surely a jackpot!
Time Taken: 20 Minutes
- 1 medium-sized cabbage
- One tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 and a half tsp pepper powder
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 handful of cashews/almonds coarsely ground
- Cut the cabbage and grind it coarsely in a mixer
- After grounding squeeze off the excess water with your palm
- In a tadka (seasoning) pan add ghee, once hot add ginger powder and finely chopped garlic
- Add the seasoning to the cabbage, along with salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder
- Break eggs and give them a good mix
- To thicken this mixture add almond powder and mix, it forms a paste
- Spread oil or ghee in a pan and it gets hot
- With the help of a tablespoon spread small cutlets onto the pan
- Flip the cutlets after some time and fry both sides till golden brown
- Serve it hot!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!