Low carb, keto, gluten-free cheese crackers. These homemade lowest-carb crackers are effortless to make and ready in about half an hour. Perfect for snacking! Lowest carb crackers are good to have as snacks, office snacks, or mid-snacks. Even your kids will love this innovative crackers keto recipe.
Lowest Carb Crackers Recipe!
- 2 cups shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup superfine almond flour
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cheeses and then almond flour in a large bowl. Be mindful that the almond flour covers the cream cheese. Cover the bowl with paper towel and microwave for about 30 seconds or until the cheese is bubbly. Be cautious to not heat the cheese too long or it will start to burn.
- Blend the mixture until uniform. You should have a smooth dough ball.
- Permit mixture to cool a few minutes until it is no longer hot, just warm to the touch.
- Adjoin in egg. If you adjoin in the egg while the dough is warm, it will cook the egg, which is why you need to let the dough cool slightly. Mix in the egg until it is evenly blended into the dough.
- Line a sheet of parchment paper on the pastry board or flat surface you will be using to roll out your dough. Line the dough ball on top of parchment paper. Layer one more sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough.
- Take a rolling pin to roll out the dough as thinly as possible. (about 1mm thick) The slimmer the dough, the crispier the cracker.
- Slice dough into 1-inch squares using a pizza cutter.
- Place squares on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. The dough will still be very pale, which is alright. Turn over crackers and bake for another 5 minutes or until crackers are golden and crispy.
- Allow crackers to cool slightly before eating. Keep leftover crackers stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the oven to re-crisp crackers.
NUTRITION INFORMATION :
- Calories: 52kcal,
- carbohydrates: 1g,
- protein: 3g,
- fat: 4g,
- net carbs: 1g
Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!