This Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie is a lightened up, yet nourishing version of the classic comfort food, using mashed cauliflower in place of potatoes.
This meaty, salty keto Shepherd\’s Pie Recipe is excellent to prepare now that Fall is almost upon us. It\’s so delectable, even non-keto dieters will ask for seconds! This uncomplicated recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free.
Traditional shepherd\’s pie is a casserole created with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables in a savory gravy. Then, the meat is casted with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are browned.
This keto shepherd\’s pie is made with mashed cauliflower instead of the mashed potatoes. \”Cauli mash\” is an amazing low-carb subsitute to mashed potatoes — and is just as delectable.
Ground Beef mixture
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 300g ground beef or lamb
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan. Adjoin the onion and garlic and sauté on medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Put in the ground beef and cook, stirring frequently to cook completely and appear brown.
- Combine the zucchini and tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
- Pour cauliflower into boiling water in a large pot. Boil the cauliflower until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower, allowing all steam to escape. Dry cauliflower will help make a creamier mash.
- Shift the drained cauliflower to a food processor. Pour in the butter, cream, shredded cheese, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Line the ground beef mixture in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Cast with the mashed cauliflower.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes and until the filling is bubbly and the topping is browned
Nutrition Info Per serving :
Calories: 379 | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 31g Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g
A nourishing and comforting low-carb makeover of casserole recipes – Shepherd’s Pie.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!