Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are a lighter option. All the flavors of the cheesesteak and no bread! This easy-to-make recipe is a family favorite.
Mounding a classic Philly cheesesteak mixture in colorful bell pepper and melting cheese on top is an easy way to skip the bread and cut the carbs.
Keto-Friendly Steak Stuffed Peppers give you all the satisfaction of a Philly cheesesteak sandwich without the added carbs or guilt at less than 5g net carbs! Add them to your weeknight rotation for a quick, healthy, and comforting dinner!
- 3 bell peppers, halved, seeded and ribs removed any color
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound steak such as flank, rib eye, or sirloin very thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the peppers cut side up in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the peppers are baking, prepare the cheesesteak filling. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Now add the onions to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until onions have softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until vegetables are browned and tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper to taste. Add the steak to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until just done.
- Place one slice of cheese inside each pepper half, then fill each pepper with the cheesesteak mixture.
- Add another slice of cheese on top of each pepper.
- Broil the peppers for 3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve your Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers!
We just love this dish and we hope that you will feel the same after you eat it. Well for more such amazing and delicious keto recipes, stay tuned with us. And go follow us on our Instagram Handle and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!