TURKEY BLT SALAD
Adding Salads to the diet is the great way to add all the key nutrients that helps in promoting the good immune system. Adding salad dressing to a salad increases the absorption of certain nutrients being consumed.The fat in salad dressing helps absorb key nutrients such as lycopene and alpha- and beta-carotene.
One such salad loaded with high amount of protein and micronutrients is the Turkey BLT salad. A typical salad made with a great assortment of veggies and some turkey and bacon for added taste. BLT salad goes great with a side of garlic bread or garlic toast and can be consumed at any time of day.
Quick Recipe For Turkey BLT Salad :
- 2 bacon strips, see shopping tips
- ½ slice multigrain bread or whole wheat bread, see shopping tips
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 ounces cooked turkey breast (luncheon meat), diced
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoons scallions, chopped if desired
- 2 tablespoons skinny ranch dressing
1. Cook bacon: Line the bottom of a microwave-safe plate with paper towels. Place bacon on top and cover with paper towels. Cook in microwave for about 2-3 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Cool slightly and crumble.
2. To make bread crumbs: Toast bread. Add toasted bread to a blender and grind into crumbs.
3. Add chopped lettuce to a dinner plate. Top with turkey, tomatoes, scallions, and crumbled bacon. Drizzle dressing over salad and sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
Calories : 294 calories| Fats :19g (7g saturated fat)| Cholesterol- 79mg| Sodium 410mg| Carbohydrate -7g (4g sugars, 1g fiber) | Protein- 23g
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!